62 Kenyan Students Die in Dormitory Fire
- NOTABLE. // American School & University;Jul2005, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p22
Provides information on residence hall fires across the U.S. Number of reported residence hall fires in 2001; Percentage of fires caused by cooking from 1999 to 2001.
- School fires increase. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p7
Reports on an increase in school fires in Great Britain, according to a research conducted by Zurich Municipal in 2004. Number of British schools that have sprinklers; Objection to the installation of sprinkler systems.
- School fires in Alaska prompt code questions. Gamble, Cheryl // Education Week;2/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the need for a review of school fire codes in Alaska due to the occurrence of five school fires in the state since 1994. Schools' lack of sprinkler systems; Building fire codes in the state; Total damage from the fires; Uses of school buildings in the villages.
- Schools scoring badly on fire prevention. // Public Finance;09/05/97, p3
Reports that more than 30% of schools in Great Britain have inadequate fire prevention measures.
- Arson fire damages auditorium area of Little Rock's Central HIgh School. // Jet;4/17/95, Vol. 87 Issue 23, p5
Reports on damages caused by an arson fire on Little Rock's Central High School. Controversy surrounding the school; Integration issues.
- Whose children are these? Senegal says 'not mine'. // Michigan Citizen;3/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 19, pA2
The article reports on the plan of Senegal to deport foreign-born children housed at Koranic schools in the country to their home countries following the March 3, 2013 fire at one of these schools.
- Arson Fire At High School. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/3/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p6
The author reflects on the implications of fire safety in the secondary schools in Texas.
- Superintendent under fire in beleaguered D.C. Gamble, Cheryl // Education Week;9/04/96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
No abstract available.
- Providing extra protection. // American School & University;Sep99, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on fire protection in school buildings. Two ways to provide fire protection; Principle for fire protection in buildings; Questions considered when deciding how to protect students and staff against fire.