High Hopes For False Hips
- AAOS notebook. // Medical Device Daily;2/22/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the launch of Short Modular Femoral (SMF) hip system from Smith & Nephew's Orthopedic Division in 2011.
- Last longer, implant earlier. Lewis, Carla // Caribbean Business;2/17/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, pS11
The article reports on the launch of R3 Acetabular System, a hip-replacement technology, by Smith & Nephew PLC in 2011.
- The Amazing Race. Murphy, Austin // Sports Illustrated;7/31/2006, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p52
This article discusses the 2006 Tour de France bicycle race. The race was won by U.S. cyclist Floyd Landis, the third victorious U.S. cyclist in the history of the race. Landis won the 2006 Tour in a dramatic comeback, overcoming a time deficit late in the race to emerge victorious. Landis will...
- TOUR DE FORCE. Keegan, Rebecca Winters // Time;7/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p71
This article focuses on U.S. cyclist and 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis, a Pennsylvania Mennonite with a degenerative hip condition. A scrappy medical marvel like cycling champion Lance Armstrong, Landis came back from a devastating one-day drop from first place due to a loss of energy,...
- The BB&T interview: Joseph DeVivo. Stommen, Jim // Biomedical Business & Technology;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
An interview with Joseph DeVivo, president of the Orthopaedic Reconstruction business at Smith & Nephew, is presented. He discusses the issues of leadership and the important roles emerging for medical technologies. He describes the influence of the companies he had worked for and their mix of...
- Smith & Nephew hit for issues contract sterilization of implant. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;12/30/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 252, p1
The article focuses of a warning letter issued to Smith & Nephew by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on December 2010. The warning letter addresses sterilization and validation issues concerning the company's plant which turns out the R3 ceramic acetabular cups used in hip replacement...
- MENNONITE RIDER. Lindsey, Joe // Bicycling;Oct2002, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p68
Profiles cyclist Floyd Landis.
- FLOYD THE MAN. Mooney, Loren // Bicycling;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p80
The article focuses on professional cyclist Floyd Landis, who has been on trial with charges of blood doping during his win of the Tour de France.
- Clinical digest. Recent decline in use of metal-on-metal hip resurfacing could push up death rates. // Nursing Standard;1/22/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p20
The article discusses the article "Mortality Rates at 10 Years After Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing Compared With Total Hip Replacement in England: Retrospective Cohort Analysis of Hospital Episode Statistics" by R. Kendal et al. in the "British Medical Journal", which found that a decline in...