Building Shops Till He Drops
- Phoenix Rising. Bose, Deepti Khanna // Business Today;4/6/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p47
The article reports on the in-progress renovation of 100-year-old Phoenix Mills in the Upper Worli in Mumbai, India. It also states about the previous refit of the 25-acre space, where it was shut down phase by phase to upgrade, refurbish and relaunch for commerce and entertainment, with...
- DLC acquires Ga. retail center. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/10/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p3
The article focuses on the growth of national owner and operator of open-air shopping centers DLC Management Corp. in the U.S. The company recently acquired Bethesda Walk, a 68, 271 square foot community shopping center in Lawrenceville, Georgia, which is an addition to its portfolio. Moreover,...
- Retail Overhauls Gain Momentum. Riley-Katz, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/10/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 121, p13
The article reports on the major renovations made by Macerich Co., Irvine Co. and Westfield Group Inc. in California. Most of these shopping centers are determined to make redevelopment scheme as the market becomes mature and land grows scarcely aiming to help the engagement of the customers....
- Pasadena's Little Jewel. McCloud, John // Shopping Center World;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, pC26
Reports on the growth of shopping centers in Pasadena, California. Details on the rotating displays of arts in shopping centers; Strategic planning of firms; Replication of stores in the area.
- Peekskill retail center plans $12M renovation. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;12/31/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 53, p3
Reports the plan of the owner of the Beach Shopping Center for a renovation-expansion of the store in Peekskill, New York. Intention to make the center into a Super Stop and Shop supermarket; Construction of retail space; Number of jobs expected to be generated.
- Developer aims to attract shoppers with mall at transport hub. Pláh, Péter // Budapest Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p12
Announces the opening of ÃrkÃ¡d Shopping Center in Hungary. Number of retail units that the shopping center can accommodate; Description of location and availability; List of tenants mentioned by center manager LÂ´szlÃ³ Lelkes.
- Venus Textiles promotes von Walstrom. // Home Textiles Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p15
Reports on the strategy used by Venus Textiles Inc. in expanding its business. Promotion of Vivie von Walstron as the director of design and marketing of the company; Construction of a new bath towel manufacturing plant in the city of Coimbatore, India; Improvements of plant operations.
- Gokaldas Exports draws up roadmap for expansion. // Colourage;Sep2006, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p115
The article reports on the business expansion of the garment exporter Gokaldas Exports in India. The business strategy includes setting up new factories, increasing clientele, developing the product portfolio, and supplying garments to the domestic market. It will invest Rs 40 crore to establish...
- Naren Textile Engineers' expansion plan. Ponnusamy, V. // Textile Magazine;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p58
This article provides information on the expansion plan of Naren Textile Engineers India Private Limited in the Indian textile industry. The company is a leading dealer of different spares for spinning machinery and mostly sources various products from others and markets them under its brand...