Rattlesnake Island: A Twisted Tale
- IRAQ-SECURITY. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);11/30/2010, Vol. 194 Issue 4988, p9
The article reports that the Iraqi forces have prevented a suicide bomb attempt near the French embassy in Iraq using the gathered intelligence after the killings at a Baghdad cathedral I October 2010. It states that attempted attack would be the second bombing from insurgent groups in 2010 if...
- Not fit to print. Merritt, Bill // Liberty (08941408);Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p21
The author expresses doubts on the lack of news coverage on a hostage mutiny staged by security guards at the U.S. Embassy in Liberia on April 22, 2004. He notes that only two short pieces from a Liberian website called "The Perspective" offers information regarding the mutiny. The first one,...
- Crime and the Punishment. // Time;9/17/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p51
The article offers information on the hostage taking by the five well-dressed young Arabs, members of Al 'Iqab, in the consular section of the Saudi Arabian embassy in Paris, France. They have automatic weapons, grenades, and threatened to kill the 15 employees if the authorities would not meet...
- �ADIOS MEXICO! // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p13
Discusses the impact of the closure of the Mexican consulate in New Orleans, Louisiana. Responsibilities of a consulate; Factors which contributed to the decline in consular activity; Suggestions on keeping the interest of foreign countries in the state.
- Colombia consulate bids adios to the Crescent City. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the closure of Colombia's consulate in New Orleans, Louisiana on November 30, 2002. Reasons given by Consul General Emilio Suarez Clavijo for the closure; Impact of the closure on the international business profile of the city.
- An Island lotus eater craves desert. McGill, Bryan // Beautiful British Columbia;
Explores the landscape of Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Environment of the island; Solitude of the place; Winners for magazine cover.
- Canada's Island Hopping, Made Easy. Zunde, Gabrielle // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel;Jun2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p16
The article provides information on the British Columbia Marine Trails Network, which provides access to several islands in Canada including Salt Spring Island, Sidney Island and Saturna Island.
- Long live Lasqueti. Mohun, Bruce // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Mar/Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 145, p62
Describes the Lasqueti, a part of the Gulf Islands in British Columbia. Island residents' use of alternative energy sources; Sense of community among the island residents.
- Hippa Hooray! Vedder, Dave // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan2004, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p108
Presents an article relating a fishing experience off of Hippa Islands, Queen Charlotte Islands in British Columbia.