Make Way for Osprey
- Seaway independence? Barnes, David // Traffic World;05/19/97, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p41
Reports on the application for to make Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corp. as an independent government-run corporation. Increase in the company's efficiency with the change of its designation as an independent firm; Improvement of performance measures for the agency; Changes in agency's...
- Seaway floats performance plan. // Government Executive;Jul97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.'s bid to become a performance-based organization (PBO). Changes in the agencies' management as a PBO; Determination of the seaway's budget.
- U.S. wants lower Seaway tolls to stimulate traffic, competition. // Traffic World;9/12/94, Vol. 239 Issue 11, p23
Reports on the proposal to reduce tolls on the St. Lawrence Seaway to increase traffic and enhance regional competition. Move by the St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.; Effect of toll freeze on traffic volume; Review of pricing policy by the Seaway Authority.
- Seaway proposes toll rebates to spur vessel building; renews cargo incentives. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;2/7/94, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p33
Reports on St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.'s proposed toll-rebate program for carriers that build ocean-going vessels to its specifications. Efforts to reverse the decline of construction in new Seaway-size vessels; Similar proposal earlier proposed by Fednav International Ltd. of...
- TREE HOUSE. // Awesome Ospreys: Fishing Birds of the World;2006, p44
The article offers information on nest building by ospreys. To build its nest the male osprey gathers sticks and the female arranges them. An osprey uses the same nest year after year, adding on to it. Smaller birds might nest in the outer branches of a large osprey nest. The osprey does not...
- McDonald to leave seaway authority. // Traffic World;04/21/97, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the resignation of Gail McDonald as administrator of Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corp. to assume the position of president and chief executive officer of the Global Climate Coalition. Praises from Transportation Secretary Rodney Slater on McDonald's efforts to improve...
- Seaway taps Sanders. // Traffic World;08/04/97, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p15
Announces the appointment of David Sanders as St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corp.'s acting administrator by Transportation Secretary Rodney Slater. Career background; Proposal for the agency.
- McDonald sworn in as St. Lawrence Seaway head. // Traffic World;1/8/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p30
Reports that Gail C. McDonald was sworn in as administrator of the St. Lawrence Development Corp. on January 2, 1996. Background of career.
- Advisory Board; Notice of Meeting. Middlebrook, Craig H. // Federal Register;5/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 103, p31685
The article offers information on a meeting of Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corp. to be held in Washington D.C. on June 12, 2012.