Time for Dems to walk the walk
- Iran Options. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;May-Aug2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3/4, p5
The article explores options by the U.S. regarding the elimination of Iran's nuclear program.
- Nuclear power is key to U.S.'s future electricity supply. Barton, Joe // Hill;10/27/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 125, p35
The article focuses on the author's perspectives regarding the significance of nuclear energy on the future of electricity power production in the U.S.
- Go natural, go nuclear. Alexander, Lamar; Rockwell, Theodore // Hill;3/9/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p24
In this article, the author discusses the nuclear energy policies of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama which include the endorsement of a new generation of nuclear reactors, the appointment of a commission to make recommendations on used nuclear fuel, and the support for...
- EXCERPTS FROM THE HILLS CONGRESS BLOG. // Hill;4/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p20
An excerpt from the journal's Congress blog which talks about U.S. President Barack Obama's effort toward peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons is presented.
- Energy Secretary Chu open to nuclear in a clean energy standard. Geman, Ben // Hill;12/8/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p18
The article reports on Energy Secretary Steven Chu's position that U.S. President Barack Obama's administration is open to Republican proposals that would require utilities to render increasing amounts of electricity from low carbon resources including nuclear energy.
- Panel will explore nuke plan. // Hill;8/1/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 114, p24
The article reports on a U.S. Senate hearing in August 2011 about the nuclear energy policy of the U.S. after following the Japan nuclear crisis.
- The U.S. Spent Nuclear Fuel Policy, Part 2: Playing Hardball. Peltier, Dr. Robert; Hylko, James M. // Power;Nov2011, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p76
The article discusses the U.S. nuclear policy. It reports on why the monetary damages and the future federal liability costs continue to grow each year. It is informed that the draft report of President Barack Obama's Blue Ribbon Commission on America's Nuclear Future indicated that there would...
- Memorandum on Delegation of Certain Functions Under Section 104(g) of the United States-India Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act of 2006, as Amended by Public Law 110-369. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/27/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack H. Obama declaring a memorandum for the Secretary of State on April 27, 2010, in which he delegated certain functions under section 104 (g) of the U.S.-India Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act of 2006, as amended by Public...
- Energy Generation in the Obama Years. Miller, Conrad // Tikkun;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p56
The article reports on the author's perspectives regarding the planned nuclear energy policy of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. The author argues that nuclear power will not make a country independent of foreign oil like what the U.S. thinks. He asserts that the country should...