As Revenue Growth Slows, Arizona Politicians Consider One-Year Budgets
- Halfway There. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p31
Reports that the outgoing Governor of Arizona, Jane Dee Hull has yet to sign her last legislation, a budget adjusting bill that reduces the Arizona state's estimated $500 million fiscal 2003 budget shortfall by half until December 7, 2002. Speculations regarding signing of the bill by Hull;...
- BUSINESS News In BRIEF. // Inside Tucson Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
Reports on socioeconomic and political developments in Arizona as of April 30, 2001. Annual growth rate in the GDP of the United States for the first quarter of 2001; State Governor Jane Hull's cuts in the legislature's proposed two-year state budget.
- Arizona To Hold Referendum on Tax Increase for Schools. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p25
Reports on Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull's signing of a measure that will guarantee the inclusion of her education plan on the statewide ballot. United States House and Senate's approval of Hull's education plan; Hull's proposal to include a portion of the sales-tax increase to generate funds...
- BITS & BYTES. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;04/02/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p11
Presents news items related to the high technology industry in Arizona as of April 2, 2001. Governor Jane Hull's budget recommendation to finance the projects of the Arizona Partnership for the New Economy; Elite Solutions Inc.'s development of its SafetyCell mobile communication system;...
- Gaming proposals have subtle differences. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the issues related to the proposed Indian gaming in Arizona. Schedule on the vote of the gaming proposals; Gaming agreement between Governor Jane Hull and gaming tribes; Expiration on the compacts of the gaming tribes.
- Governmental malpractice. Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p4
Comments on Arizona Governor Jane Hull's selection of the issue of level-one trauma centers to demonstrate her frugality and commitment to the principle of hands-off government. How Hull's proposed budget has no funding for the centers; Hull's opposition to any taxes designed to help level-one...
- Hull files in Arizona. // State Government News;Aug98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p9
Reports that Arizona Governor Jane Hull is running for governor of the state. Her accomplishments; Background information on Hull; Other gubernatorial contenders.
- Ariz. Gov. Betting Big on Tax Plan for Schools. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;10/11/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on a taxation proposal for schools in Arizona presented by Governor Jane Hull. Campaign initiated by Hull to drum up support for her proposed Proposition 301; Objections to certain provisions of Hull's proposal presented by her opponents.
- Governor's tax proposal too little, too late. // Inside Tucson Business;04/03/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Comments on Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull's proposed tax increase to raise money for education as of April 3, 2000. Weaknesses of the proposed tax measure.