Hillsborough County, Fla., Dumps Swap for New Refundings
- An Open Door for Swaps. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Reports that administrative agencies involved in interest rates swaps have entered the derivatives market in New York City under the influence of finance legislation. Significant development in the interest rates swaps; Improvement in the debt management; Reduction in borrowing costs.
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...
- Deriving insights into derivatives. Rousseau, Roland // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Willi Jonker on how sub-prime risks emerged and finally overflowed and another one by Tanja Tippett on interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate swap founds an interesting case. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/22/2013, p35
The article mentions a situation in which a banking deal can be done and financial arrangements can be discussed in relation to the interest rate swap.
- Florida Transportation Agency Turns to Swaps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p1
The article reports that the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority in central Florida has entered into a number of swaps to lock in nearly $39 million interest rate savings. The transaction's purpose and interest rate of the swaps lock is included. A list of finance committee who are...
- Morgan Keegan Wins Competitive Louisiana Swap Worth $485M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32536, p5
The article reports on the completion of Louisiana officials of a forward interest-rate swap with Morgan Keegan & Co. It has been said that the transaction will allow the state to achieve significant savings to finance road and highway improvements. According to reports, Louisiana's swap enabled...
- SEC Asks Jefferson Co., Ala., About $4B of Swaps, Warrants. Hume, Lynn; Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's launch of an inquiry into the interest-rate swaps that Jefferson County, Alabama has entered into in connection with a comparable amount of sewer revenue warrants that the county sold. SEC examiners' request for copies of all documents...