Florida's Baycare: A Case Study in Health Care Bond Insurance
- Toward a Unique Patient Identifier. Mays, Susan; Swetnich, Donna; Gorken, Lynda // Health Management Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p42
Discusses how the BayCare Health System fixed their problem of patient misidentification. Information on BayCare; Details of major repercussions identified; Description of the process undergone by BayCare.
- BUSINESS WATCH. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p72
Presents news briefs on health care facilities in the United States as of April 2000. Merger between Health Management Associates and St. Joseph Hospital; Opening of the BayCare Medical Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin; Information on some hospital closures.
- Fla. hospital, alliance part ways. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;10/30/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p24
Deals with the decision of Bayfront Medical Center Inc. and BayCare Health System company in Florida to end their partnership. Reason for the decision of both companies; Possible effects of their decision to other hospital partnership in the United States.
- Religious Doctrine And Secular Reach Raise Dilemma In Medical Alliances. Zinkewicz, Phil // Insurance Advocate;11/04/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 44, p6
Comments on the problem with BayCare Health Systems, an alliance formed by a group of hospitals in Saint Petersburg. Allegations of patients and physicians to health maintenance organizations; Terms of BayCare's agreement with hospital Bayfront; Information on the lawsuit filed against BayCare...
- Taking no chances. // Modern Healthcare;12/20/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 51, p32
Reports that Clearwater, Florida-based BayCare Health Systems is asking its patients at its hospitals to remove or cover the LiveStrong fund-raising yellow bracelets from cyclist Lance Armstrong. Indication of the yellow wristband for medical personnel; Success of Armstrong's fund-raising campaign.
- SEPARATE PLANS TO MERGE INTO THREE. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;6/11/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on the strategic plans of BayCare Health Systems for its hospital retirement fund business in Florida. Plan of merging its member hospitals' unrelated retirement plans into three defined contribution plans with one semi-bundled provider; Implementation date of the retirement program;...
- Aurora Health, docs could build hospital. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/05/99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p34
Reports that Aurora Health Care is in negotiation with BayCare Health Systems about building a hospital in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Comments from spokespersons from each company; Information on a suit against Aurora filed by a Green Bay provider, Bellin Health Systems.
- Biometric technology verifies patients' identity. // Health Management Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the use of palm-vein recognition technology by U.S. healthcare provider BayCare Health Systems to improve the security of patient processing. According to BayCare patient financial services vice president Jim Schwamb, the implementation of biometric technologies for the...
- Long-term health care bond-financing volume falls in 1995--numbers reflect sluggish final quarter... Asplund, Jon // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
Reports on developments related to health care industry in the United States. Long-term health care bond-financing volume in 1995; Comparison in bond sales.