Largest Acute Care Hospital Bond Issues in 2001
- In Health Care, Supply Is Wilting But Spreads Stay Attractive. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p7
Focuses on the volume of municipal bond deals involving in hospitals in the United States. Supply of bonds in the sector; Reasons of bond buyers for showing reluctance in entering the market; Pricing of hospital bonds; Issuers' efforts to attract investment-grade ratings for bonds.
- Retail buyers snap up complex bond issue from Kentucky hospital. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p27
Reports on the purchase of the hospital issue by Jefferson County, Kentucky. Share of retail buyers in the health facilities' revenue bonds, which the county issued on behalf of the University Medical Center Inc. (UMC); Role of Smith Barney Inc. in the bond issuance; Facilities run by UMC.
- Negotiated note offerings. // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p11
Lists negotiated municipal note offerings by Garden City Hospital, Missouri for the week of September 8, 1997. Amount and type of bond; Financial and legal adviser of the deal; Maturity and credit rating of the issuance.
- Oct. 1 rollover date has Florida demand hot, while other states are not. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p9
Focuses on Lakeland, Florida's insured hospital revenue refunding bonds. Comparison with Florida Department of Transportation right-of-way acquisition and bridge construction bond offering; Yield advantage.
- N.Y.C.'s Lenox Hill Hospital Deal Will Put Strong Credit to the Test. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p1
Reports on the plan of New York City's Lenox Hill Hospital to enter the municipal market in spring 2001. Hospital's issuance of $147 million in debt through the New York State Dormitory Authority; Expected amount to be issued by the hospital in health care debt for the year 2001.
- Research Digest. Karchmer, Jennifer; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30677, p8
Presents three municipal bond-related news items in the United States as of July 7, 1999. Signs of sloppiness in the competitive market for municipal bonds; Rise in interest rates in first half of the year; Outlook for nonprofit hospitals' debt.
- Ohio's Mercy Joins High-Rated Hospitals' Return To Market. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Mercy Health, Ohio's largest health care provider, prices $400 million of bonds this week, joining a handful of higher-rated hospitals that have started to return to the capital market after years of delaying deals.
- GEORGIA: Valdosta, Lowndes Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p27
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to revise the outlook on its A2 rating for the Valdosta and Lowndes County Hospital Authority in Georgia to stable from negative. It discusses the authority's plan to sell $55 million of bonds. According to analysts, the outlook...
- K.C. Hospital Offering $181M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p4
The article reports on the new-money and refunding revenue bonds offered by Children's Mercy Hospital (CMH) in Kansas City, Missouri on November 4, 2009. It states that these bonds will introduce fixed-rate bonds to the well-known hospital's debt portfolio. It notes that acting as its conduit...