100 Reasons to Feel Optimistic About Health Care
- List of Not-for-Profit Winners. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p18a
Lists the top not-for-profit hospitals in the United States as of March 2001. Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center; Brigham & Women's Hospital; Aultman Hospital; Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee; Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
- List of For-Profit Winners. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p19a
Lists the top for-profit hospitals in the United States as of March 2001. Palmetto General Hospital; Saint Vincent Hospital; Aventura Hospital & Medical Center; Blake Medical Center; Community Hospital of New Port Richey; Doctors Hospital.
- List of Government, Non-Federal Winners. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p19a
Lists the top government and non-federal hospitals in the United States as of March 2001. The Ohio State University Hospitals; Parkland Health and Hospital Systems.
- Fresno hospital set to move into the largest ER in the state. McLain, Velerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/13/2005, Issue 323399, p1
Reports on the relocation of the emergency room of Community Regional Medical Center into a spacious facility in Fresno, California. Schedule of the relocation; Increase in the number of patients admitted to the hospital; Bed capacity of the new facility.
- CONSTRUCTION ZONE. // Health Facilities Management;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p5
This section offers news briefs concerning the construction of health care facilities in the U.S. Ground breaking was held by North Shore-LIJ Health System for Katz Women's Hospital in Queens, New York. The Lawrence Group and HGA will design the replacement hospital of Saint Mary's Health Center...
- Wis. hospital nixes paintings portraying Jesus as Jewish. // Modern Healthcare;9/18/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p36
The article deals with the decision by officials at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin to order the removal of religious-themed oil paintings hung at the hospital. Clara Maria Goldstein was asked by hospital officials to remove her oil paintings within days after mounting...
- CONSTRUCTION ZONE. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
This section offers news briefs related to health care facilities construction in the U.S. Parkview Health broke ground on the Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The construction of the Harlem Hospital Center in New York was started in September 2008. Texas Health Resources...
- BRIEFLY CONSTRUCTION. // Modern Healthcare;9/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p32
Presents news briefs on several construction projects in the U.S. healthcare industry as of September 2003. Features of the Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, Colorado; Overview of the replacement hospital of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which is...
- 1998 top 100 hospitals named. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p22
Reports that HCIA Inc. and William M. Mercer have released the report `100 Top Hospitals--Benchmarks for Success' which ranked hospitals in the United States in 1998. Eight measures of clinical quality practices, operations and financial management; Top five with 25-99 beds; Top five with...