- In Nevada, less is more when it comes to profits. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;09/30/96, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p17
Reports that in the state of Nevada, lower-than-average returns on investments are considered by hospitals to be good. Reason for this; Financial performance of hospitals in the state for 1996 as revealed by the Nevada Association of Hospitals and Health Systems; View of the state government on...
- Paying the Doctor in Zimbabwe:. // New York Times Upfront;1/31/2011, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p3
This article reports on the decision of the management of the Chidamoyo Christian Hospital in Zimbabwe to accept crops and livestock as payments from patients.
- PFI deal secures ...67m Durham hospital. // Public Finance;05/28/99, p13
Reports that the British government will build a hospital worth 67 million pounds in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, under the Private Finance Initiative.
- HEALTH SPENDING HITS ONE TRILLION. // Trustee;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the increase of health care spending in the U.S. Factors contributing to the rising hospital use; Acceleration of prescription drug spending; Impact of growing labor costs of hospital workers on hospital spending.
- Designing and Maintaining an Effective Chargemaster. Abbey, Duane C. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p50
Presents guidelines for designing and maintaining an effective chargemaster for hospitals. Appointment of a chargemaster coordinator; Creation of a chargemaster review team; Design considerations.
- Money matters. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p10
Looks at why money matters to health care executives, and running a hospital or health care system. What motivated health care leaders to join in the medical health industry; Challenges facing chief executive officials (CEOs); Insight into the 1990s generation of health care executives.
- Painful decisions. Bullen, Alice // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/04/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7137, p1099
Stresses the unfairness of a budgetary problem in clinical services. Implication of a hospital's closure; Considerations that have been faced by many people involving a hospital's closure.
- Hospitals feeling the fiscal squeeze. Khasru, B. Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the negative impact of the United States Congress' funding cutbacks and reduced payments by managed-care companies on hospitals in Westchester County, New York. Total 1999 financial loss of the Saint John's Riverside Hospital in Yonkers; Health Care Association of New York State's...
- Minister's reply on funding the acute sector. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/31/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6567, p323
Evaluates the financial support for the hospital medical services of Great Britain. Redistribution of resources; Improvement of the services; Reduction in the average working hours.