Heartland's Independent Directors Almost Quit, Jeopardizing All Funds
- Heartland to Sell Its Sole Remaining Muni Fund to Ziegler. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p31
Reports the plans of Heartland Group Inc. to sell the Heartland Wisconsin Tax Free Fund. Terms and conditions of the agreement; Investment of Heartland in investment-grade debt; seizure of Heartland assets by the Stock and Exchange Commission.
- Municipal Funds Post Strong Returns Following Shaky Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p6
Reports the increase of the municipal bond fund return in the United States. Impact of the collapse of the funds of Heartland Group Inc. on the municipal bonds; Default rate of high-yield municipal bonds; Nuveen High-Yield Municipal Bond Fund as the highest return of municipal bond fund.
- SEC's Overseer of Heartland Funds Hamstrung by Limited Disclosure. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports that Philip Stern, United States Securities and Exchange Commission-appointed receiver charged with overseeing Heartland Group Inc. municipal bond funds seized by regulators, has been unable to determine values for nearly half of the securities in the portfolios. Filing of the report...
- Pay Plan Set For Heartland Shareholders. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p1
Reports on the possibility for shareholders to get cash distribution from the sales of Heartland Group Inc. funds. Submission of liquidation plan by receiver in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Estimated amount of cash received by municipal bond fund shareholders...
- SEC Notifies Heartland Group Of Pending Enforcement Action. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p1
Reports on the notification given to Heartland Group Inc., its subsidiary Heartland Advisors Inc., and several associated individuals by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) about the impending enforcement action against them for alleged violations of the securities laws. Response...
- Wisconsin Judge Consolidates Heartland Investor Suit. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p4
Reports on the approval of the federal judge to a motion to combine a number of lawsuits filed by investors against Heartland Group Inc. in Wisconsin. Claim of the consolidated complaint; Estimated number of investors to be involved in the consolidated lawsuits; Coverage of the lawsuit.
- Heartland Misses Deadline for Class Action Response. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p5
Reports the class action suit filed by investors in the Heartland high- yield municipal bond funds against PricewaterhouseCoppers and Heartland Group Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Failure of Heartland to meet deadline for response set by the court; Motion of the two firms for dismissal of the...
- U.S. District Judge Approves $14 Million Partial Settlement of Heartland Lawsuit. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p33
Reports the approval of the court on the partial settlement of the class action lawsuit filed by investors against Heartland Group in the U.S. Business losses of the company; Details of the case; Failure to provide audited financial statements.
- New Valuation Guidelines From Heartland Mess? Greene, Andrew // On Wall Street;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on a United States District Court order which placed three of the high-yield municipal bond funds of the Heartland Group of Milwaukee in receivership. Reason behind the company's decision to change the method by which they value their portfolio; Problem with fair value pricing methods;...