Hospital Group Head Tapped to Lead HCFA
- Florida Health Official Named to HCFA Post. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Lapp, Toni // American Family Physician;5/1/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p1674
Reports on the appointment of Ruben Jose King-Shaw Jr. as deputy administrator of the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Career background of King-Shaw Jr.; Reasons for the selection of King-Shaw Jr.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY. // Modern Healthcare;06/04/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p13
Focuses on a contest announced by Thomas Scully, administrator of the United States Health Care Financing Administration, for a name of the agency. Other initiatives of the agency.
- It's Scully at last. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;03/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p5
Announces the nomination of United States President George W. Bush on Thomas Scully as administrator of the Health Care Financing Administration. His career background; Information on his leadership; Reactions from the American Hospital Association on his nomination for office.
- Glare of an unblinking spotlight. Gardner, Jonathan; Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;06/11/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the plans of Thomas Scully, administrator of the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Status of Scully's relationship with the media; Initiatives that will be included in the agency's reform package; Information on the contrasting comment of Scully regarding Medicare...
- Scully promises to make structural changes if approved for HCFA post. Brown, Steve // AHA News;05/21/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p3
Reports that Thomas Scully has pledged to institute extensive structural changes if appointed as head of the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Priorities of Scully; Endorsement by the American Hospital Association for Scully.
- Scully promises big changes for HCFA in his public debut as administrator. Brown, Steve // AHA News;06/11/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p5
Deals with the plans of Thomas Scully as administrator of the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Name change of the organization; Pledge for quality survey data; Plans for Medicare reform.
- Scully gets started at HCFA. Gardner, Jonathan; Taylor, Mark; Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;04/09/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p8
Examines the legality of the decision of Thomas Scully to keep his stocks and board seats in two healthcare corporations while he waits for his confirmation as a government administrator. Ethical aspects of the appointment of Scully as Administrator-designate for the United States Health Care...
- Scully must sell substantial assets. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;05/14/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p6
Reports that Thomas Scully will have to sell some of his assets in publicly traded healthcare companies to comply with the federal ethics rules of the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Details on his appointment as administrator of the health agency; Value of his healthcare...
- Nominee for HCFA post has health industry ties. Gardner, Jonathan // Business Insurance;4/16/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p12
Features Thomas Scully, United States President George W. Bush's nominee for administrator of the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) as of April 16, 2001. Career background; Scully's relationship with the health insurance industry.