W. Virginia Inches Closer
- Backers of W. Virginia Pension Issue Hope the End's in Sight. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p38
Reports on the legal dispute over a $3.9 billion taxable bond issue in West Virginia that would go toward several of the state's unfunded pension liabilities. State Governor Bob Wise's efforts to expedite the case and bring it before the state Supreme Court; Concerns on the constitutionality of...
- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.
- W. Virginia's New Governor Has Plans to Keep Things Moving. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing West Virginia Governor-elect Bob Wise. Lag of the state in economic growth and environmental health; Efforts of the state to diversify its economy; Dependence on mining and manufacturing.
- No New Term. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p34
Reports on the reluctance of Virginia governor Bob Wise to contest for his seat when his term ends. Factors that led to Wise's reluctance; Plans of Wise to spend time with his family.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.
- Connecticut Gets Commission's OK to Sell $675 Million of Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports on the Connecticut State Bond Commission's approval of the sale of new debt, and requests by various state agencies for allocations from general obligation bond proceeds. Amount released by the commission; Cumulative value of the requests submitted by the Connecticut University System.