SEC Proposes E-Storage Rules for Funds
- Aug. 14, SEC's certification day. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;8/5/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the demand for certification on institutional investors by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Restoration of the quality of the financial reports; Number of companies having financial disclosure problems; Impact of market volatility on the trading volume.
- SEC Crackdown. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p21
No abstract available.
- Improving Financial Reporting and Disclosure. Stanko, Brian B. // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep2001, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p21
Examines the role of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in financial reporting. Discussion on legislative initiatives; Effort to improve the quality of business information; Protection of investors; Maintenance of securities market integrity.
- SEC Company List. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p24
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has posted its Web site a list of companies whose top officials are required to file sworn statements attesting to the accuracy of the companies' annual and quarterly reports.
- SEC reviews interactive financials. Cohn, Michael // Accounting Today;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p34
The article offers information on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) review of interactive data financial statement submissions which revealed the progress being made by filers.
- Revenue Recognition Extensions. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the rule issued by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission which allows registrants to wait until the fourth quarter of their fiscal year beginning after December 15, 1999 to implement SAB 101 on the recognition, presentation and disclosure of revenue in filed financial...
- IFRS roadmap: Still on the path. // Disclosures;May/Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that the U.S. continuously moves down the path on the adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) despite the issue that the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) have turned aside.
- Status of POB's recommendations. // CPA Journal;Dec93, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the Public Oversight Board (POB) of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) March 1993 financial report entitled `In the Public Interest.' Recommendations for the improvement of financial reporting and related independent auditor involvement; `The CPA Journal's symposium on...
- Inaugural Roundtable of the Financial Reporting Series Entitled ''Uncertainty in Financial Statements: How Much To Recognize and How Best To Communicate It''. Murphy, Elizabeth M. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/26/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 207, p66339
The article presents a notice of roundtable discussion and request for comment from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding the issue of uncertainties in financial statements to be held at the Multipurpose Room at the SEC Headquarters in Washington, D.C. on November 8, 2011.
- SEC Rule: Next Shoe? Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/5/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 31, p14
Reports the ruling of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for the certification of accurate corporate financial statement. Deadline for the SEC filing; Volatility in the pricing of securities; Implementation of penalties.