UBS PaineWebber Boosts Reinvest Unit
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // On Wall Street;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the appointment of brokers in various securities firms as of December 2001. David Jennigan at Legg Mason; Dave Sogge at Dain Rauscher; Marc Oster at UBS PaineWebber.
- UBS PaineWebber Says 'Help Wanted' Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the additional number of high-producing brokers that UBS PaineWebber intends to add in 2003. Compensation UBS planned for the incoming representatives.
- Sutton New PaineWebber Prez; Hart out at SunAmerica. // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p27
Deals with employee selection in the financial planning industry. Promotion of Mark B. Sutton to president and chief operating officer of UBS PaineWebber company; Reappointment of Kevin Hart as president and chief executive of SunAmerica Financial Network company; Reasons for the dismissal of...
- Wells and UBS PaineWebber JV: Teaching Borrowers The Street's Ways. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/22/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p5
Focuses on the sophistication of strategies for mortgage market of the Wall Street in the U.S. Status of the security loans; Joint ventures between Wells Fargo & Co. and UBS Paine Webber Inc. for mortgage transactions; Combination of skills of the executives of both companies; Outsourcing of...
- Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
This article focuses on the trends followed in the securities industry in the U.S. on April 14, 2003. Municipal bond yields were quoted one or two basis points higher in trading while underwriters held a retail order period on $ 300 million Connecticut general obligation bonds.In the new-issue...
- Ex-Merrill Bankers Find Home at UBS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p37
Presents information regarding recruitment of three ex-infrastructure specialists from Merrill Lynch & Co. at UBS PaineWebber Inc. Appointment of Christopher Melvin to the post of managing director at the New York office of UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Recruitment of Tim Williams to take charge as...
- UBS PaineWebber agrees to settlement with fund. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the settlement on the alleged brokerage payments by UBS PaineWebber in Nashville, Tennessee. Amount involved in the agreement; Evidence of conflicts of interests in soft dollars; Impact of the case on pension fund dealings.
- Thank You, USB PaineWebber. // On Wall Street;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the decision of UBS PaineWebber to provide free meals to clients of its top brokers. Reason behind the free lunch offering; Maximum spending per client.
- Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p36
Reports that the completion of a purchase agreement on 800 million dollars in New York City tax-exempt general obligation bonds was delayed as of January 2003 because of problems with the work done by lead manager of the deal, UBS Paine Webber Inc. Details of the error committed by UBS in the...