Now a Global Firm, UBS PaineWebber Thinks Big Is Beautiful
- One Name Says It All: UBS Dropping PaineWebber, Warburg Labels. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p6
Reports that UBS group that provides financial services plans to eliminate the UBS Warburg LLC and UBS PaineWebber Inc. brands in the second half of the year 2003 as a part of the policy to adopt a single brand to raise its profile. Comments of the president of the UBS Group executive board on...
- UBS strengthens regions. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;4/3/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p50
Reports on UBS Asset Management's revision of its global marketing and client servicing operations. Merger of UBS AG and Swiss Bank Corp. in 1998; More autonomy given to regional marketing efforts; Review of the UBS Asset Management business model; Finding that the majority of the group's...
- To Strengthen Brand, UBS Scraps 'PaineWebber,' 'Warburg'. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p4
Switzerland-based financial services company UBS AG has renamed its brands. UBS PaineWebber Inc. will henceforth be known as UBS Financial Services, and UBS Warburg LLC will be known as UBS Investment Bank. UBS Investment Bank will offer house sales, trading, research, and investment banking...
- Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
This article focuses on the trends followed in the securities industry in the U.S. on April 14, 2003. Municipal bond yields were quoted one or two basis points higher in trading while underwriters held a retail order period on $ 300 million Connecticut general obligation bonds.In the new-issue...
- AIM in UBS Managed Account Role . // American Banker;3/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 58, p8
Reports that the financial services company AIM Private Asset Management Inc. has announced that it will offer a third investment mandate through the banking company UBS PaineWebber Inc. managed account program. Investment mandates which AIM manages for UBS.
- Sutton New PaineWebber Prez; Hart out at SunAmerica. // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p27
Deals with employee selection in the financial planning industry. Promotion of Mark B. Sutton to president and chief operating officer of UBS PaineWebber company; Reappointment of Kevin Hart as president and chief executive of SunAmerica Financial Network company; Reasons for the dismissal of...
- Financial Service Firms. // Las Vegas Business Press;2002 Book of Lists, p54
Lists several financial service firms in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked by number of investment advisory staff. Tri Star Management Inc.; Morgan Stanley; Fox & Co.; UBS PaineWebber.
- UBS IT Staffer's Logic Fails in 'Logic' Bomb Case. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Technology News;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p12
The article presents the case of Roger Duronio, a disgruntled former systems administrator for UBS Paine Webber who built a computer virus that caused the financial services company millions in damages in the United States. Duronio was found guilty of computer sabotage and securities fraud in...
- Banks expand services for connoisseur clients. Luhby, Tami // Crain's New York Business;08/16/99, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p16
Focuses on UBS Asset Management Inc. and Deutsche Bank's launching of art advisory services in New York City. Goal of catering to private-banking clients who want to collect; Pursuit for nouveau riche; Service charges.