Phoenix Voters Approve All of Capital Improvement Plan
- N.Y. Lawmakers Reach $38.5B Transportation Pact. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p44
Reports on the agreement of legislative leaders on five-year transportation capital spending plan in New York. Amount of the transportation bond referendum; Subcommittees negotiation between Republicans who control the state Senate and the Democrats who control the Assembly; Establishment of two...
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.
- Illinois considers creative bonding deals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p28
Announces that Illinois is considering various funding options to help pay for capital improvements proposed by Governor George Ryan's infrastructure task force. Issuance of grant anticipation notes for various transportation projects; Possible use of funds from the national tobacco settlement.
- Dealing with debt. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view about bonds and the prioritization of capital investment. Costs of borrowing money to pay for a capital project; Troubling about the current bond debt.
- Chicago unleashes one of its largest water revenue deals, topping $279 million. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30227, p26
Reports on the release of a water revenue bond issue by the city of Chicago, Illinois, as part of a part refunding and part capital appreciation deal. Pricing of the bond issue; Capital improvements to be financed by the bonds; Previous efforts of the city to refund water revenue deals.
- Tolleson, Ariz., Voters Approve Bond Questions, Unofficial Results Show. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p31
Reports the voter approval on capital improvement bond questions in Tolleson, Arizona. Continuation of the counting for absentee ballots; Proposition to authorize bonds for library and public building; Outcomes of voters approval on bond questions.
- Detroit's $151.8M Deal Furthers Mayor's Improvement Plans. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p6
Reports that the city government of Detroit, Michigan is planning to sell general obligation bonds to help finance ongoing capital improvement projects. Total value of general obligation bonds to be issued by the city government; Details regarding capital improvement projects currently underway...
- Oklahoma lawmakers may revive capital improvement bond issue. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30384, p48
Reports on the expectation of lawmakers in Oklahoma to allocate $300 million of additional funds for capital improvements in fiscal 1999. Total amount of the state's surplus revenues; Usage of the funding to revive a capital improvements bond issue first proposed in 1997.