Munis Finish 1/4 to 3/8 Point Higher; Prices Raised on Parts of Some Loans
- Spread squeeze adds spark to muni bond boom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p5
Focuses on concerns raised over the distortion in the pricing of municipal bonds, that has reduced the spread between bonds from top-rated issuers and those from riskier municipalities in the United States. Outlook for the municipal bond marker; Implications of the price compression for the...
- Municipal prices finish out mixed; market eyes return of new issues. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p2
Focuses on municipal bond market results in the United States according to market results for January 7, 2000. Factors influencing results; Enumeration of bond offers with the most significant increases.
- Municipal Prices End 1/8 Point Higher; Retail Orders Strong; Calif. Gos Today. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30916, p2
Reports on municipal bond market news in the United States as of June 19, 2000. Increase in demand for government securities; Factors that contributed to the renewed sense of vigor in municipal trading.
- Munis End Higher as Retail Shows Strong Demand Ahead of Holiday. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30925, p2
Focuses on the strong municipal bond prices in the United States according to market trading results for June 30, 2000. Point earnings of dollar bonds; Details of the most important transactions.
- Municipal prices finish mixed; TFAs trade near original levels. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p2
Reports on the municipal bond prices in the United States, as of January 27, 2000. Increase in long-dated municipal bond prices; Short-term Treasury bond yields; Bonds from the New York City Transitional Finance Authority loan; Secondary dollar bond trading.
- Munis Off 1/8 to 1/4; Primary Builds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the United States for the week of March 12, 2001. Factors attributing to the decline in municipal bond prices during the given time period; Reaction of municipal traders to the current bond market condition in the country; Traders' contention...
- Municipals Drop 1/4 to 3/8 Point in Spotty Trade Ahead of New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31012, p2
Focuses on the decreased municipal bond prices in the United States according to market trading results on November 6, 2000. Average trading rates; Issuers with the biggest losses.
- Munis Finish Firm in Slow Trading; Some Detroit GOs Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States were steady in July 30, 2001. Factors attributing to such pricing trend; Reaction of bond traders to such market condition; Overview on prices of various bond issues during the given time period.
- Municipals Rise in Light Trading; J.P. Morgan Prices Chicago Air Debt. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p2
Reports on the stability of municipal bond prices in the United States during the August 16, 2001 light trading. Total value of bonds sold; Details of bond sale and offerings; Investors' preference for government bonds.