Indianapolis Wants $1 Billion In Funding to Update Sewers
- Repair without racket. Hinte, James // American City & County;Feb1994, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p24
Features trenchless sewer repair systems applied by municipal public works units. Decline of federal allocations for infrastructure maintenance and repair; Problem of combined sewer overflows; Need of detecting structural damage to underground systems; Reduction of open cut construction through...
- CALIFORNIA 1/17. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/1/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p53
The article presents information on a construction project of the Los Angeles City Board of Public Works that involves the rehabilitation of the North Outfall Sewer at various locations within Los Angeles, California. The estimated $58.8 million project calls for the rehabilitation of...
- S&W Board savings overestimated, bidder says. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/18/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
Reports the plans of the Omiï¿½Thames Water to manage and operate the sewer systems in New Orleans, Louisiana. Need to upgrade the equipment; Costs of the project; Budget to finance the contract and capital repairs of the plant.
- Cured-in-place rehab helps city avoid disruption. // American City & County;Sep2001, Vol. 116 Issue 14, p21
Highlights the sewer rehabilitation completed by Elmhurst, Illinois which used cured-in-place technology. Cost of the sewer rehabilitation project; Options considered for the project; Examples of technologies used by Insituform Technologies to rehabilitate Elmhurst's sewer lines.
- Pipe Pressure Relief. Clarke, Brad // Flow Control;Jan2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p32
The article presents information on upgrading the sewerage collection system of the District of Central Saanich in British Columbia, Canada. The sewerage collection system was built in the early 1970s. The aging infrastructure and surges from pumps stopping and power failures had a negative...
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Studies $1 Billion Sewer Fix. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p7
The article focuses on the initiative of San Francisco Public Utility Commission to draft a master plan for fixing the aging sewer system of the California city. The fix is expected to cost about $1 billion in bonds and 30 years of construction. The utility is starting with an educational...
- Ga. Governor Seeks More For Sewers GOs Would Bolster Loans to Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p1
Reports that Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue proposed expanding a state program to give Atlanta access to a fund in low-interest loans over the next 10 years to help pay for mandated repairs to its water and sewer system. Selling of state general obligation bonds to provide funds for Georgia...
- Morahan acquires funding to repair Warwick sewers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Reports on State Senator Thomas P. Morahan's acquisition of funding for the replacement of sewer mains and manholes in Warwick, New York. Meeting held by Morahan with affected residents; Morahan's comments about planned upgrade.
- A NATURAL PATH. Chin, Suzan Marie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2009, p20
The article reports that a wastewater utility in Eastern Kansas is seeking solutions for at-risk sewer infrastructure at stream crossings after the creek bottom shifted near a residential neighborhood in Stanley, Kansas. The Johnson County Wastewater has contracted Pyramid Excavation and...