College Sales Show Dip In November But Climb For The Year
- U.S. Textbook Sales Trickle Off In Most Foreign Markets; Imports Rise. // Educational Marketer;01/15/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the sales of United States textbooks abroad in 2000.
- Gross Sales of College Textbooks Jump 14.6% in November. // Educational Marketer;1/6/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p5
Reports the increase of college textbook sales in the U.S. Percentage increase of college textbooks; Reason for the increase; Rise of instructional materials sales.
- College Textbook Sales Increase 22.4% To $202.3M In November. // Educational Marketer;1/24/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the increased sales for college textbooks in November 2004 in the U.S. Rate of increase; Consistency of the posted net sales with publishers' projections.
- States Ponder Whether To Exempt College Textbooks From Sales Taxes. // Educational Marketer;02/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the proposals of several states in the United States that would exempt college textbooks from sales taxes.
- 2003 Begins Nicely for U.S. K-12 Publishers, Year-to-Date Up 13%. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the positive trend in K-12 basal textbook sales in the U.S. Account of sale increases according to the Association of American Publishers; Growth rate in revenue from basal and supplemental materials; Factors influencing the sales volume.
- After Strong First Half, K-12 Textbook Sales Slow Down in July. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p3
Provides information on the decline of K-12 textbooks sales in July 2003 after a strong first half in the U.S. Belief of Harold McGraw III, chairman, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Cos., that K-12 textbook and supplemental materials sales to adoption states in 2003 will...
- EM PULSE: Used Textbooks on Campus. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p1
Statistics are presented on the annual sales, average price, and average buyback price of textbooks in the U.S.
- Q1 Sets Challenge for K-12 Pubs; Sales Down 13.6%. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the 13.6% to 254.2 million dollars decline of sales of basal textbook programs and supplemental materials in the first quarter of 2012 which sets challenges for K-12 school publishers in the U.S.
- Business Law Professors' Perspectives on the Cost of College Textbooks. Dubuisson, Lorraine // Campus Safety & Student Development;Spring2012, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p56
The article reviews the article "Business Law Professors' Perspectives on the Cost of College Textbooks," by L.S. Silver, R.E. Stevens, K.E. Clow and R.W. Howard which appeared in a 2011 issue of "Mustang Journal of Law and Legal Studies."