States Face Tighter Money, Energy Crises In Plotting Budgets
- Higher Education Takes a Hit in State Funding in 2003-2004. // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
Reports that state appropriations for higher education declined in 2003-2004 in the U.S. Effect on the purchase of instructional materials; Increase in appropriations for higher education in Nevada and Hawaii; List of countries which lowered its budget for higher education.
- Texas Board of Ed. Puts Adoptions Back on Schedule. // Educational Marketer;02/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the revised educational materials adoption calendar of the Texas Board of Education. It mentions that the schedule is for 2014 and is intended for K-12 science, K-8 mathematics and technology applications. However, it notes that the 2014 adoption cycle poses an issue,...
- November El-Hi Sales up, but Not Enough. // Educational Marketer;02/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the performance of U.S. educational publishers in the PreK-12 market in November 2011. It mentions that November sales reached a total of 63.2 million dollars, depicting a 30.3 percent increase over its performance in November 2010. It also notes that the good performance...
- It's time to fish or cut bait following November elections. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;12/1/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article presents the author's views on the importance of reducing the spending of the U.S. government.
- Squeeze Time. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p41
Reports on the increasing public expenditures in New Mexico.
- Tight California Budget Leaves High-Speed Rail Project by Cash-Poor Wayside. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Reports on the approval of legislative committee to only a part in funds for the Sacramento-based California High-Speed Rail Authority handling the proposed multi-billion dollar rail project. Plan of the authority to consider sale of bonds for financing the project; Possibility of a reduction...
- Patriotic Pork. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Discusses increase in the government spending of the United States. Information related to government spending towards weapons, foreign aid and domestic surveillance; Comments from several economists on the government spending of the country; Impact of World War II and 1991 Gulf War on the...
- How to get reelected. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p40
Presents Patricia Adams' remarks on how government leaders try to win public approval through expenditures rather than taxation. Difference between government spending and its tax revenues; Repercussions of printing or borrowing money.
- Clinton signs spending bill. O'Connell, Kim A. // National Parks;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 70 Issue 11/12, p18
Focuses on the ominibus appropriations bill signed by Uinted States' President Bill Clinton, before the fiscal year, 1997. Disputes over separate spending bills; What is provided by the bill.