REEXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF CAREER STAGES ON SALESPERSON MOTIVATION: A COGNITIVE AND AFFECTIVE PERSPECTIVE
- Managing Sales Compensation: Career Life Cycle Approach. Madhani, Pankaj M. // SCMS Journal of Indian Management;Jul-Sep2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Designing an optimal sale compensation plan can be challenging as sales organization has to clearly specify a few major variables impacting sales compensation. Incorporating career stage perspectives into sales force compensation design can offer sales organizations yet another dimension to more...
- THE PURSUIT OF POSITIVE AFFECT IN TASK ADVICE NETWORKS: EFFECTS ON INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE. Casciaro, Tiziana // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2013, p1
The article argues that an individual's propensity to form task-related advice ties, based on positive affect experienced when interacting with a colleague, enhances individual task performance, and states that this prediction reveals the central role of affect and motivation in performance. It...
- Streamline & Revitalise. Ahwa, Dan // New Zealand Apparel;Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how to motivate a sales team and another on business operations.
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others. Dobrzykowski, Edward // HPA Resource;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p9
The article reviews the book "To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others" by Daniel H. Pink.
- Motivating Yourself to Succeed Every Day. Kahle, Dave // American Salesman;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p3
This article discusses how a salesperson can motivate himself to succeed every day. According to the author, salespersons must believe that they can do better and that it is their responsibility to do so. He said that they should have some purpose for which they are working, consistently expose...
- Realtors should really break out of comfort zones. Sherwin, Scott // Fort Worth Business Press;11/27/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p17
The article offers tips for realtors on personal and professional growth. Real estate agents are advised to institute a visualization program to help them see their progress on a daily basis. A realtor should look at his or her comfort zone as a barrier to success, but also as a motivator,...
- VALIDITY OF AN OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT PROGRAM. Kraut, Allen I.; Scott, Grant J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr72, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p124
The validity of an assessment program is examined by reviewing the career progress of 1,086 employees in sales, service, and administrative functions after they were assessed. Although participants were nominated on the basis of being promotable, raters found that more than one-quarter were...
- The grass is always greener on the other side of the job. Or is it? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/21/2003, Issue 323062, p5
Presents tips on career development among sales representatives. Practice of work ethics; Consideration of job realities; Comprehension of self-thinking.
- A Career Track for Sales Agents. Wellstead, William R. // Training & Development;April92, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p49
Investigates the organizational career development of sales agents. Role of general agents; Information on the promotion of sales agents; Factors to consider in the development of the career of sales agents; INSET: Lessons Learned.