REEXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF CAREER STAGES ON SALESPERSON MOTIVATION: A COGNITIVE AND AFFECTIVE PERSPECTIVE
- Streamline & Revitalise. Ahwa, Dan // New Zealand Apparel;Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how to motivate a sales team and another on business operations.
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others. Dobrzykowski, Edward // HPA Resource;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p9
The article reviews the book "To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others" by Daniel H. Pink.
- VALIDITY OF AN OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT PROGRAM. Kraut, Allen I.; Scott, Grant J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr72, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p124
The validity of an assessment program is examined by reviewing the career progress of 1,086 employees in sales, service, and administrative functions after they were assessed. Although participants were nominated on the basis of being promotable, raters found that more than one-quarter were...
- Realtors should really break out of comfort zones. Sherwin, Scott // Fort Worth Business Press;11/27/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p17
The article offers tips for realtors on personal and professional growth. Real estate agents are advised to institute a visualization program to help them see their progress on a daily basis. A realtor should look at his or her comfort zone as a barrier to success, but also as a motivator,...
- Motivating Yourself to Succeed Every Day. Kahle, Dave // American Salesman;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p3
This article discusses how a salesperson can motivate himself to succeed every day. According to the author, salespersons must believe that they can do better and that it is their responsibility to do so. He said that they should have some purpose for which they are working, consistently expose...
- Second thoughts about confidence. Ellsmore, Ron // American Salesman;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p7
Offers advice for salespeople to assist them in performing their duties. Importance of self confidence; Suggestion on the attitude to adopt to become a successful top-level salesperson; How a good sounding voice can impact on a sale; Presentation of guidelines to assist in the development of...
- Three principles that lead to success and wealth. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/16/2003, Issue 323087, p5
Focuses on the principles to becoming a successful sales professional. Establishment of a strong self-belief system; Motivation of doing better; Sales knowledge.
- A Career Track for Sales Agents. Wellstead, William R. // Training & Development;April92, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p49
Investigates the organizational career development of sales agents. Role of general agents; Information on the promotion of sales agents; Factors to consider in the development of the career of sales agents; INSET: Lessons Learned.
- Pinpointing training needs with the career life cycle. Peterson, Robin T. // Training & Development;Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p12
Explores the use of the career life cycle model to determine the career and productivity levels of sales representatives. Stages of the career life cycle; Training programs for sales representatives.