REEXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF CAREER STAGES ON SALESPERSON MOTIVATION: A COGNITIVE AND AFFECTIVE PERSPECTIVE
- THE PURSUIT OF POSITIVE AFFECT IN TASK ADVICE NETWORKS: EFFECTS ON INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE. Casciaro, Tiziana // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2013, p1
The article argues that an individual's propensity to form task-related advice ties, based on positive affect experienced when interacting with a colleague, enhances individual task performance, and states that this prediction reveals the central role of affect and motivation in performance. It...
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others. Dobrzykowski, Edward // HPA Resource;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p9
The article reviews the book "To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Motivating Others" by Daniel H. Pink.
- Streamline & Revitalise. Ahwa, Dan // New Zealand Apparel;Feb2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how to motivate a sales team and another on business operations.
- Realtors should really break out of comfort zones. Sherwin, Scott // Fort Worth Business Press;11/27/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p17
The article offers tips for realtors on personal and professional growth. Real estate agents are advised to institute a visualization program to help them see their progress on a daily basis. A realtor should look at his or her comfort zone as a barrier to success, but also as a motivator,...
- Motivating Yourself to Succeed Every Day. Kahle, Dave // American Salesman;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p3
This article discusses how a salesperson can motivate himself to succeed every day. According to the author, salespersons must believe that they can do better and that it is their responsibility to do so. He said that they should have some purpose for which they are working, consistently expose...
- VALIDITY OF AN OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT PROGRAM. Kraut, Allen I.; Scott, Grant J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr72, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p124
The validity of an assessment program is examined by reviewing the career progress of 1,086 employees in sales, service, and administrative functions after they were assessed. Although participants were nominated on the basis of being promotable, raters found that more than one-quarter were...
- Pinpointing training needs with the career life cycle. Peterson, Robin T. // Training & Development;Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p12
Explores the use of the career life cycle model to determine the career and productivity levels of sales representatives. Stages of the career life cycle; Training programs for sales representatives.
- THE PERFECT REP. Abramson, Harry J. // Supply House Times;Sep2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p100
Elaborates on the functions and characteristics of a perfect manufacturer representative. Mastery achieved by representatives for which they should be recognized; Skills that representatives should be proficient in; Proportionality in the lines taken by the representatives and the rates given...
- Second thoughts about confidence. Ellsmore, Ron // American Salesman;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p7
Offers advice for salespeople to assist them in performing their duties. Importance of self confidence; Suggestion on the attitude to adopt to become a successful top-level salesperson; How a good sounding voice can impact on a sale; Presentation of guidelines to assist in the development of...