Muni Market Hopeful But Unmoved on California Utility News
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p29
Reports on developments related to the bond market in Southwestern States, as of August 14, 2000. Landlord Rocky McDaniel's efforts to get a referendum on the November ballot to lower residential electricity rates; Oklahoma Transportation Commission's approval of as much as $3 million in...
- Market Close: Puerto Rico Spreads Widen; Munis Weaken. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;12/17/2014, p34
The article reports on developments in the bonds market as of December 17, 2014. News discussed include high grade municipal bond index Municipal Market Data revealing widening of Puerto Rico bond spreads in secondary trading on December 17, 2014, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA)...
- PSC eyes electric rate hike for city, 10% cut in suburbs. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p4
Reports the proposal of electric rates increase by the Public Service Commission in New York, New York. Alleviation of revenue; Consideration of economic implications; Disapproval of large commercial and industrial electric users.
- Cheaper electricity? Blake, Kevin // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1996, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p38
Reports on Rhode Island legislature's consideration of an electricity deregulation bill. Trend for electric utility monopolies; Possibilities of lowering electricity rates without harming electric industry.
- Electricity market integration in the Pacific Northwest. Woo, Chi-Keung; Lloyd-Zannetti, Debra // Energy Journal;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p75
Discusses the integration of wholesale electricity and the existence of price competition within the integrated submarkets of the Pacific Northwest region. Price-difference test results; Gross profit price arbitrage and posted transmission tariff; Market-share analysis.
- Power marketing. // Electrical World;Jan1996, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p12
Reports on developments about electric rate issues and bulk power transactions in the United States. Includes the agreement between New Energy Ventures and California Retailers Association to negotiate power and natural-gas supply contracts; Department of Energy's selection of power suppliers...
- Go on-line with customers for real-time savings. Marks, John // Electrical World;Aug96, Vol. 210 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on real-time pricing of electric power by utilities. Real Time Pricing controller from Honeywell Inc.; Automatic setting of load shedding strategies.
- Rate decisions. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p14
Reports on developments related to electric power rates as of September 1996. Includes approval of San Diego Gas & Electric Company's request to replace standard cost of capital proceeding with new market indexed capital adjustment mechanism by California Public Utilities Commission; Approval...
- Electric blues. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;09/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the impact of increased electric utility rates on restaurant operators in Southern California. Factors that have caused a spike in electric rates throughout the region following the 1996 deregulation of the industry; Efforts by some restaurateurs to air their concerns about increased...