Philadelphia Council to Vote on Referendum, School Loan
- PENNSYLVANIA. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;4/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31123, p-39
Reports that Pennsylvania-based Philadelphia City Council has delayed the introduction of a legislation by Mayor John Street about $250 million anti-blight bonding program. Possible reason behind the delay in the introduction of the legislation; Objective with which the legislation was submitted...
- Philadelphia Eyes Surety Bond Instead of Water, Sewer Fund. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p36
Reports on the proposal mulled by the City Council to replace its water and sewer debt service reserve fund with a surety bond in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Proposal of the idea as part of the fiscal 2005 operating budget of mayor John Street; Economic development investment fund included in...
- Philadelphians to Vote on Capital Needs, Stadium Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Reports that the City Council of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has approved placing a bonding question on its November 2000 ballot.
- Group protests Philadelphia plan. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;06/15/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p2
States that two multi-year waste disposal contracts were approved on June 11, 1998 by the Philadelphia City Council's finance committee, despite accusations from a Chester, Philadelphia citizens group and others that the plan furthers environmental racism. Who the deal has to go before; How...
- Council backs sick leave, not veto-proof. Thomas, Angela // Philadelphia Gay News;3/22/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the LGBT-inclusive sick-leave bill by Councilman-at-Large Bill Greenlee that was approved by the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania City Council on March 14, 2013.
- Philly council votes no-discrimination law. // Body Politic;Sep82, Issue 86, p18
Reports on the move of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania City Council to pass a bill to outlaw discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodation on the basis of sexual orientation. List of gay groups that lobbied for the bill; Proponents of the bill.
- Philadelphia panel rejects disposal plan. // Waste News;05/25/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on a recommendation to the City Council by the Philadelphia's Solid Waste Advisory Committee to reject a multiyear disposal plan. Why it was recommended that the plan be rejected; When will Philadelphia's existing contracts expire; Amount of money the plan will save the city.
- Philly approves hate crimes law; GOP keeps hate in the state. // Empty Closet;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 485, p5
The article cites a report from the "Philadelphia Inquirer" newspaper on the approval by the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania City Council of a measure on October 30, 2014 that would criminalize harmful acts against a person because of sexual orientation, gender identity, or disabilities.
- Action in the local regulatory realm: The next step? // Directors & Boards;2012 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p58
Several excerpts from the testimonies of business community leaders on a follow-on report regarding the participation of women on the board including Blondell Reynolds Brown on the increase of female representation on the executive board, Irene Hannan on the effect of excluding women in the...