Raises, Health Plans, and Energy Woes Could Sink California School Finances
- The Fourth. Hentoff, Nat // Progressive;Dec84, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p35
Addresses the issue of the prohibition of any religious expression in United States public schools. Reasons behind the policy; Forms of religious expression included in the policy; Provisions of the Equal Access law addressing religion in schools; Government officials and organizations that...
- Bond plan won't float. Oloroso Jr., Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;9/6/93, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p46
Discusses problems in the bond bailout terms for the Chicago Public Schools in Illinois. Concerns over repayment terms; Filling the gap in school budget; Controversy over amount of potential revenues from riverboat gambling; Problem over debt financing; Possible effect on stock rating of...
- School Local. // North & South;Jun2012, p37
In this article, the author discusses about a family who lives in Porirua, New Zealand and sent their son Tom to local school Aotea College rated decile five. Tom's father Mike Booker describes Aotea College as a catchment of extremes, drawing from neighbourhoods that are either wealthy or poor,...
- School Prayer. // Education Digest;Nov1969, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p60
The article reports that one eastern board of education has taken a new tack in its efforts to circumvent the U.S. Supreme Court ban on prayers. At Netcong, New Jersey, the board announced this fall that each school day is now preceded by the reading of a prayer from the Congressional Record....
- Internet access reaches 95% of U.S. schools; publishers anxious to benefit from connectivity. // Electronic Education Report;03/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the increase in number of public schools with Internet access in the United States in 1999.
- Overview of internet access in public schools. // Electronic Education Report;03/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p3
Presents statistics on public schools with Internet access in the United States in 1999.
- Ohio Lawmakers to Tackle Tricky Job of School Reform. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the financing of Ohio's public schools. Discrimination against poor districts; Funding innovations in the state budget.
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p7
The article reports that public schools in Massachusetts have standardized its PreK-3 reading instructions through the StoryTown reading and language arts program from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/30/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that public schools in Grand Haven, Michigan have approved 275,000 U.S. dollar spending on several K-8 math textbooks.
- State Funding of K-12 Education Rises a Bit In 2003; Local Schools Shoulder More of the Burden. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on efforts to increase funding for U.S. public schools for 2002. Increase in cigarette taxes and other state fees; Maintenance of amount of general aid to local schools; Statewide spending growth for 2003 fiscal year.