Virginia Resources Authority Wins Debt Cap Increase
- VIRGINIA GOVERNOR CALLS FOR ACTION ON DIGITAL DIVIDE. // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p43
Focuses on the actions taken by Virginia Governor James S. Gilmore III to establish a Digital Dominion that will make the opportunities of the Internet available to every citizen. Impact of the information technology on the state.
- James Gilmore. Shattuck, Jessica // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p19
Reports on New York City Police Department's barricading of a crime-infested block of West 159th Street in Washington Heights. Saturation of the area with police officers; Protest of Detective James Gilmore.
- Virginia rejects fee hike. Brown, Bob // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the rejection of a measure supported by state lawmakers by Virginia governor James Gilmore that would boost the state's trash disposal fee per ton. Reason for fee increase proposal; Reason for veto of bill by Gilmore.
- A proper veto. // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
Editorial. Applauds the decision of Virginia governor James Gilmore to veto the increase of trash disposal fee in the state. Reason for price increase by the General Assembly; Reason for rejection of proposal by Gilmore.
- States Want 'Net Taxes. Blake, Kevin // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p38
Reports that a coalition of United States officials has urged Congress to overturn the ban on Internet sales tax. Proposal of Virginia Governor James S. Gilmore III; Outcome of imposing sales taxes on Internet purchases; Stance of the Congress on the issue.
- Gov. Gilmore Alone Might Get Chance to Rework Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p5
Reports the impact of dispute between Virginia Governor James Gilmore III and state lawmakers over the repeal of the annual car tax on the governor's plan to rewrite the state budget. Amendments to the states' biennial budget; Significance of the proposal to the General Assembly; Specification...
- Virginia Tobacco Bill May Rise From Ashes in December. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31174, p4
Reports on the plan of Virginia Governor James Gilmore to securitize future payments from the state's four billion dollar share of the tobacco settlement in his final budget. Rejection of the first tobacco proposal.
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Va. Car Tax Repeal. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p39
Reports on the dismissal of a legal challenge to Virginia Governor James Gilmore's fiscal 2001 revenue estimate. Installment of the state's car tax phase-out.
- Road bill could pave the way for larger DOT issue. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p4
Reports that Virginia Governor James Gilmore has signed a pared-down road bond bill. Raising of the debt authorization for two highway programs; Backing from appropriations from the general fund.