- Fed Beige Book: Economy Slowing. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p2
Reports on the expansion of the economy of the United States. Labor demand; Evidence of slowing in economic growth; Strength in computer services and tourism.
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun98, p1
Focuses on economics in the United States, with reference to neutrino economics. How is the output of an economy determined; Reference made to the business cycle theory; Details on the views of the Federal Open Market Committee on monetary policies.
- Statistics show economy making soft landing. Thredgold, Jeff // Inside Tucson Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p24
Reports on the performance of the economy of the United States in September 2000. Increase of retail sales; Unemployment rate; Average wages; Monthly measure of wholesale prices.
- Leading indicators point to continued slowdown. // Inside Tucson Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the slowdown of the economy of the United States. Index of leading statistics; Rate reductions; Dismissal of employees.
- NATION'S OUTLOOK: A TIME OF UNCERTAINTY AND INTROSPECTION. Malehorn, Jack // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the economy of the United States. Consumer markets; Unemployment rate; Industrial sector.
- Factors in the Business Outlook. Wernette, J. Philip // Banking;Jun69, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p43
Discusses the economic trends and condition of the U.S. economy in 1968. Factors which controls the level of economic prosperity in the U.S.; Discussion on the relationships among the variables affecting the U.S. economic system; Forecasting on the U.S. economy in 1969.
- The end of economics as we know it. Stein, Herbert // American Enterprise;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the decline of economics in the United States. Economists' confidence at the end of World War II; Skepticism over fiscal policy during the Vietnam War; American public's loss of faith in economics; Problem in recessions; Problem of raising total output; Conflict of values problem; Role...
- Domestic ABCs. Tredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/14/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p25
Focuses on views on the United States economy. Oil exploration in Alaska; Budget surplus; Consumer spending; Global economy.
- Feds cautiously optimistic, inflation under control. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;11/9/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the optimism on the economy of the United States. Increase in consumer prices due to rising energy costs; Prediction on the decline of inflation.
- Some words on the 'trickle-down theory' and other myths. Sewell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/08/99, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on the `trickle-down' economic theory in the United States. Information about the `trickle-down' economic theory; Overview on the common myths associated with such theory; Discussion of misconceptions related to international trade.