Chicago to Weigh PFC-Backed Debt
- Chicago Imparts GO Pledge to $175 Million TIF Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31675, p4
Reports on plans of Chicago City Council in Illinois to offer general obligation pledge to a tax increment financing issue, $175 million worth of new-money Central Loop bonds, as of July 11, 2003. Likely use of the proceeds from the sale of these bonds; Detail of last Central Loop deal in Chicago.
- A Refunding for O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p1
Reports on the approval of the sale of O'Hare International Airport general airport revenue refunding bonds by the Chicago City Council. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Managers of the bond deal; Outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on the deal.
- Chicago OKs Library Notes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/11/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33515, p9
The article reports on approval by the Chicago City Council in Illinois for the sale of up to 80 million dollars of general obligation (GO) tender notes to fund the Chicago Public Library system operations in anticipation of annual tax collections in 2011.
- Chicago City Council Authorizes Up to $300M of Clean Water Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p4
The article reports on the approval of the new-money, second-lien clean water revenue bonds by the City Council of Chicago, Illinois. The authorization allows the issuance of up to $300 million of bonds and the city expects to tap only $220 million of that authority. The bonds are scheduled to...
- Time for City Council to finally clean up its act. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on the scandals facing the Chicago City Council, in relation to the investigation of United States Attorney James Burns. Response of Mayor Richard Daley; Proposals of the Mayor to the City Council to appoint its own inspector general.
- Business neglects council races at its own peril. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
The article comments on the city council elections in Chicago, Illinois, and the need for business groups to support candidates who will help promote business in the city.
- Chicago Orders Bank Upkeep of Vacancies. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 140, p6
The reports Chicago, Illinois' City Council is proposing an ordinance that requires mortgage servicers, banks, and institutional investors to maintain vacant homes and properties until the foreclosures are completed.
- City Council Passes Ordinance to Merge City, County Workforce Development Program. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
The article focuses on the approval of the collaboration between the City of Chicago and Cook County in Illinois by the Chicago City Council to create the Chicago-Cook Workforce Partnership, allowing residents to train and apply for jobs regardless of geographical boundaries.
- Chicago City Council. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p42
Reports that the Chicago City Council has approved an administration ethics reform package. Approval of an ordinance to provide an Ethics Board subpoena power to investigate and fine aldermen in Chicago.