Fighting a Housing Crunch
- S&P Revises N.J. Housing Outlook. // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p2
Reports on the revision of the rating outlook on New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency's bonds to positive from stable.
- Pennsylvania HFA Prices $145 Million Multifamily Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p6
The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency on June 25, 2003 priced about $145 million in rental housing refunding bonds, while looking ahead to two single-family deals later this summer. Joe Knopic, manager of project financing for the agency, said he was very pleased to lock in an initial interest...
- Govt to unveil plans to boost house-building. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing (Online Edition);8/14/2012, p13
The article offers information on the plans of government to improve the house-building sector in Great Britain. It mentions that the government will underwrite, bonds issued by housing associations that helps in reducing the cost of borrowings. It mentions that the government plans helps in...
- Michigan Housing Agency to Sell Fixed-Rate Deal, Start Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority to sell 63 million dollars of fixed-rate rental housing revenue bonds. It is the second series of a two-part transaction that started with the sale of 68 million dollars of variable-rate bonds for which the...
- Existing Home Sales at Record 6.95M Rate. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31934, p2
Reports on the rise of existing home sales in the U.S. in June 2004. Annual unit rate; Mortgage rate; Median price of a home.
- Housing Bond Limits? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32202, p27
Reports that Bexar County, Texas, commissioners will consider at their September 2005 meeting a debt policy that would allow housing revenue bonds to be issued only for projects that are dedicated to senior citizen residences or those that remain subject to local property taxes. County's Housing...
- New York Issuers Line Up $5.5B of Deals in First Quarter. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p39
The article reports that New York City and state-level issuers plan to sell about 5.5 billion dollar of bonds in the first quarter of 2005. According to a prospective schedule the state comptroller's office released late Wednesday, New York City plans to sell 550 million dollar of general...
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Affordable Housing? Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in San Francisco, California, will consider on July 13, 2004, a $200 million affordable housing bond measure that proponents want to appear on the November 2004 ballot.