NEWS FROM THE HILL
- APCO Statement Boosts Project 25. Page, Douglas // Fire Chief;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on the launch of a Statement of Requirements to boost the Project 25 communication standard by the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials International Inc. (APCO) in the U.S. Project 25 is a standard for digital radio communications issued in 1996. The APCO...
- APCO Honors Emergency Workers. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p19
Reports that the Association of Public Safety-Communications Officials-International Inc. (APCO) has recognized emergency response workers for their contribution in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S.. Remarks from Glen Nash, president of APCO; Actions taken by the association...
- APCO Presses First Responder Needs. // Telecom Policy Report;9/19/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p7
The article reports on the emphasis of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International on the need for service, spectrum and equipment for responders handling emergency conditions. Information on a letter send by the association to the U.S. Congress is provided. Issues...
- APCO Tackles Homeland Security1. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;6/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p14
Highlights the 2002 summit held by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials Inc. which focused on homeland security. Major issues that face public safety communications; Outcome of the summit.
- Video: Cisco debuts mobility client for tablets. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;8/30/2012, p4
The article focuses on the communication between Glenn Bischoff, editor-in-chief of periodical and Dan O'Malley of telecommunication firm Cisco Systems at conference of Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO), Minneapolis on the new mobile client.
- News Notes. Halverson, Matthew // Mobile Radio Technology;Nov2000, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p53
Presents news briefs related to the telecommunications industry in the United States as of November 1, 2000. Decision of the Scott County, Indiana Sheriff's Office to upgrade its VisionAir software to the WindowsNT platform; PCIA Albert Gore Jr. LifePage Award given to Arch Communications;...
- Public safety tries to make 911 connection with carriers through Project LOCATE. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p22
Provides information on the Project LOCATE initiated by the Association of Public-safety Communications Officials International. Aim of the organization; Connection of 911 emergency telephone system with the telecommunication carriers in the United States; Highlights of the press conference...
- TIA Strongly Supports Roadmap Proposal for 9-1-1 Location Accuracy. // Telecom Standards;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Telecommunications Industry Association has filed comments with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to support the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials International's initiative improve wireless 9-1-1 call location accuracy.
- Genuine P25 Interoperability. Noordhof, Jan // Wavelength;2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the Project 25 (P25) Interoperability created by the Association of Public Safety Communication Officials (APCO) and Telecommunications Industry Associations (TIA), and its significance and advantage in public safety implementation. It states that P25 aims to resolve...