Powell Ushers In New Attitude
- Powell tapped for FCC head. Levine, Shira // America's Network;02/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p20
Reports that Michael Powell has been named chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Powell's approach to the communication industry; Response of the communication industry to Powell's appointment; Highlights on Powell's career.
- Powell Stood Fast with Democrat. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p3
Reports that United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Michael Powell has decided to appoint John Rogovin as the agency's deputy general counsel. Importance of Rogovin's position for the agency's policy and litigation strategy; Career background of the executive; Task and...
- Powell Ushers In Change At FCC. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the nomination of Michael Powell as commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Initial career plan of Powell; Incident that changed Powell's career plan; Top priority of Powell if appointed to the position.
- The Changing Face of the FCC. Stokes, Kim // Wireless Design & Development;Feb2001, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the appointment of Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Issues facing the agency.
- FCC & CAPITOL HILL: DRIVING TELECOM'S FUTURE. Jones, Meredith J. // Siliconindia;Jun2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p64
Reports on the appointment of Michael Powell as commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Issues facing the government agency; Allocation of spectrum to support the introduction of third generation wireless services.
- Powell gets second term. // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p38
Deals with the reappointment of United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell by President George W. Bush. Career background of Powell.
- FCC Front-Runner Powell Has Some Ardent Fans. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the leading position of Michael K. Powell to become the next chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the administration of President George W. Bush. Details of Powell's experience and expertise in telecommunications; Reasons why he is the favorite...
- POWELL BEGINS 2ND FCC TERM. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/2/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the second term of Michael Powell as chairman of the Federal Communications Commission in the U.S.
- Pols praise Powell at confirmation meet. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;05/18/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 57, p4
Reports the confirmation of the appointment of Michael Powell as Federal Communication Commission head by the United States Senate Commerce Committee. Career background of Powell; Opposition by Senator Ron Wyden; Concern about media concentration.