Sprint PCS' Hidden Assets
- The battle over cell-phone towers. Bauxbaum, Peter // Business News New Jersey;10/13/97, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p6
Focuses on the controversy surrounding Sprint PCS's plans to erect a 147-foot cellular telephone tower in Monmouth County, New Jersey. How this would affect Lucy and Rich Mannino, residents in that area; Comments from Lucy Mannino; Statements made by Julie Rosenthal, a spokesperson for Sprint...
- Sprint is first to erect new cellular tower. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/8/99, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p17
Announces that Sprint PCS became the first cellular provider to get the Grand Rapids, Michigan Planning Commission's approval to erect a tower, recent to November 8, 1999. Location of the tower; Height.
- For Better Or For Worse. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p32
Deals with wireless communications tower management in the United States. Ground management of towers; Reason for putting much effort to maintain wireless towers; Information on the tower management strategy of Sprint Site USA.
- Community power. // Business News New Jersey;09/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on Sprint PCS' failed attempt to build a cell-phone tower in Manalapan, New Jersey. Zoning Board of Adjustment's voting on the company's plans.
- Form vs. function. Tylczak, Lynn // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p17
Reports on public opposition to the wireless communication tower that Sprint PCS proposes to build near Scio, Oregon. Tower's proximity to the historic Hannah Covered Bridge; Fear that the tower will mar the view of the bridge; Trees surrounding the proposed placement; Review of the tower...
- Tower-siting fights still eyesore. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p8
Discusses the tower-siting battles in the wireless communications industry. Need for the industry to change strategies to ensure future buildout efforts are not deterred; Concerns of a cell tower-related case between Colorado's Cherry Creek School District and telecommunication company Sprint...
- Tower firms post mixed 2Q, bet on bright WiMAX buildout. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;8/14/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
This article presents news on communication tower operators in the U.S. Analysts agree that tower companies will gain from the decision of Sprint Nextel to deploy WiMax technology. The second quarter net loss of tower company Global Signal grew to $17 million, due to an 88.7-percent increase in...
- Buzz back over Sprint tower sale. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the planned sale of Sprint PCS tower assets in 2005. Efforts of the company to assess Sprint towers for strategic and non-strategic reasons according to spokesman Nick Sweers; Views of Jamie Lee, analyst with Decision Economics Investment research, on the business strategy of Sprint;...
- California Cities Can't Reject Cell Towers for Their Looks. Lawlor, James // Planning;Apr2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p51
The article discusses the ruling of the between Sprint PCS and the City of La Canada, California regarding the city's disapproval on the permit of the company to install cellular towers in the city. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the company and held that the rejection of...