Fixed Wireless Will Boom
- Varied players must make tough decisions to jumpstart wireless data. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
Forecasts the growth of the wireless data market by 2006 and 2007 according to reports from Frost & Sullivan Inc. and Ovum. Force that will drive the growth; Pricing strategies telecommunication carriers will have to create to regulate traffic and maximize their per-unit revenue; Keys to success...
- Minnows frozen out of hotspots. // Utility Week;8/2/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Discusses a study conducted by Frost & Sullivan on telecommunication firms in Europe. Impact of a decrease in equipment costs and developments in European regulations on wireless local networks; Effect of the absence of roaming agreements; Expectations on the performance of telecommunication...
- Local Exchange Market Increases Competition. // Electric Light & Power;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p34
Forecasts the increase of revenues for the competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) market in the United States, according to Frost & Sullivan. Strategies employed by CLECs; Factors that might contribute to the revenue increase.
- TDMA growth forecast at 2.7% worldwide. // RCR;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p10
Cites a report compiled by Frost & Sullivan, which predicts the growth of Time Division Multiple Access markets through the year 2005. Technology's use of hierarchical cell structures for building environments; Expansion of cellular networks and services outside the typical affluent regions.
- MVNO market could reach $10B by 2011. // RCR Wireless News;7/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p22
Reports on the possible increase in revenue of mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) in the U.S. by 2011, according to research firm Frost & Sullivan. Factors that may contribute to the increase, including customer service offerings; Views of Frost research analyst Samir Sakpal on wireless...
- Power equipment market to surge to $6B by '06. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;1/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
Presents the forecasts of Frost & Sullivan on communications industries by the end of year 2006. Projection on the growth rate of the communications market; Factors that will increase the demand and importance of uninterruptible power supplies; Segments of the communications marketplace.
- Europe's wireless technology market expected to quadruple. // Control Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p20
Presents the results of a study by Frost and Sullivan on the expected growth of Europe's wireless technology market. Approximate value of market revenue; Reasons for a prevailing hesitancy about investing in wireless solutions; Factors that will likely contribute to potential customers'...
- Need for High Throughput Connectivity in Defense Drives Global Satcom Applications. Drubin, Cliff // Microwave Journal;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p45
The article focuses on the strong demand for high throughput military satellite communication (MilSatCom) applications. It states that high throughput military satellite communication (satcom) applications can support seamless connectivity and imagery streaming in tactical and strategic...
- On-Line. Nigh, Michelle; Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;05/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p8
Deals with several issues on wireless telecommunications in May 1999. Predictions on wireless revenue in the United States; Results of the SBC-Ameritech merger and Bell Atlantic-GTE merger; Predictions and expectations on Frost & Sullivan's World Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)...