Patented Remote Tracking
- Fingerprinting In Montana. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p18
Deals with the trial of the phase II system of the wireless enhanced 911 (E911) involving six telecommunications companies in Billings, Montana. Description of the technology designed by the United States Wireless Corp. of San Ramon, California used in the test; Coverage of the Billings trials.
- U.S. Wireless chooses Wireless Facilities. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p37
Reports on U.S. Wireless Corp.'s selection of Wireless Facilities Inc. as the prime contractor for the buildout of its Washington traffic network.
- SK Telecom to trial RadioCamera system. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p46
Reports that U.S. Wireless Corp.'s South Korean venture, Wireless Technology Inc., signed a memorandum of understanding with SK Telecom, Korea's largest wireless carrier, to test its RadioCamera system.
- U.S. Wireless Data, Vital Sign Contract . // American Banker;10/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 192, p5
Reports that the merchant processor Vital Processing Services LLC has entered into an agreement with U.S. Wireless Data Inc. to increase its geographic wireless transaction coverage. Use of U.S. Wireless Data's network by Vital in future; Expectation of rise in wireless transaction demand;...
- Heavy Traffic Keeps Location Firm In Business. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p12
Reports the plan of U.S. Wireless Corp. to build a national wireless location network. Aim of meeting the enhanced 911 service mandate of the US Federal Communications Commission; Contract with Maryland Department of Transportation; Capabilities of the Radio-Camera system.
- Verizon completes location system trial. // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p23
Focuses on Verizon Wireless' completion of technical field trials in Baltimore, Maryland, of U.S. Wireless' RadioCamera location system.
- Briefly. // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p80
Presents update on the wireless sector of the telecommunications industry of the United States as of September 25, 2000. Strategic business alliance between Hewlett-Packard and U.S. Wireless; Personal communications system service launched by VoiceStream Wireless in New York and New Jersey.
- U.S. Wireless puts pedal to E911 metal. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/05/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p308
Deals with the E911 location information platform, the network-based solution being built by U.S. Wireless to help wireless communications carriers meet the E911 mandate of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Reasons behind its agreement with American Tower; Details on the...
- American Tower, U.S. Wireless ink collocation deal. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p23
Reports on the strategic alliance between American Tower Corp. and US Wireless Corp. to accelerate the deployment of a wireless location network that will provide users with E911 caller location assistance.