Satellite Companies Unite
- ICO-Teledesic, Ellipso enter collaboration agreement. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p99
Reports on the licensing agreement between ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd. and Ellipso Inc. to build a mobile satellite system.
- McCaw in Talks With Ellipso That Could Lead to Merger. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/19/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the merger talks between ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd. and Ellipso Inc. Revival of the nongeostationary mobile satellite industry; Services provided by the two companies.
- ICO Docks with Ellipso. // Export Today's Global Business;May2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the collaboration of satellite communications pioneers ICO-Teledesic Global and Ellipso to build a mobile satellite system to stabilize the struggling satellite phone industry in 2001. Areas at which the companies will provide voice and data services; Nature of Ellipso's business;...
- BIRDS OF A FEATHER. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;3/19/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the partnership and possible merger between satellite companies ICO-Teledesic Global and Ellipso in the United States. Purpose of the collaboration; Plans for Teledesic.
- ICO-Teledesic Global gets investment boost but long road remains. Meyer, Dan // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p18
Reports on ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd.'s receipt of investor financing led by Eagle River Investments LLC, Clayton Dubilier & Rice Inc. and Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates' Cascade Investment LLC.
- Ante Raised in Satellite Data Networking. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on a satellite-based Internet protocol network project of ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd. Result of a merger of ICO Global Communications with Teledesic; Appointment of Greg Clarke as chief executive officer; List of major investors.
- In ORBIT. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/17/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p23
Presents artificial satellite-related news items, compiled in the week of July 17, 2000. Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates' investment in ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd., which aims to provide wireless Internet satellite communications services; Alcatel Space's construction of a satellite for...
- ICO-Teledesic, CCI sign collaboration agreement. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the collaboration agreement between ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd. and low-earth-orbit satellite operator CCI International NV to build a satellite communications system.
- ICO securities sale withdrawn. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p27
Announces ICO-Teledesic Global Ltd. and New ICO Global Communications Holdings Ltd.'s decision not to continue with the public sale of securities related to their planned merger.