Qwest Finds Voice Portals Rising In Popularity
- Telus tests voice portal for location services. // RCR Wireless News;12/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p39
Reports on the trial conducted by Telus on a voice portal service. Capabilities of the service; Content provider of the voice portal.
- Talking up Web services. Dux, Simon; Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;May2003, p39
Reports on the efforts of mobile communication operators to add voicemail capabilities in their Web-based portals. Application of the voiceXML 2.0 standard to support voice-based browsers; Costs of text-to-speech and automation speech recognition technologies; Integrated voice and Web-based...
- Portal power. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;11/3/2008, p4
The article reports on the voice/data portal services that gives customers the opportunity to manage landline voice and voicemail service in a personal computer (PC) use by carriers like AT&T, Qwest Communication and Verizon. Verizon announce to integrate voicemail management to broadband portal...
- Net management in limelight. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;6/21/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
The article reports about vendors who are involved in developing products that add more control to traffic, bandwidth and services management in order to facilitate customers to make better use of the vast amount of network capacity available today. At this year's Supercomm conference in...
- Qwest Has New Portal For Voice. // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reports on Qwest Wireless' voice portal services. What the Qwest Voice Browsing will offer; Partner of Qwest Wireless.
- Voice response system installed. // Business Credit;May95, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p52
Reports the installation of an interactive voice response system by the Office of Headquarters Accounting Operations, Customer Service Division, Department of Energy in early 1995. Features.
- No escaping voice mail's spell. Obrecht, John // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p13
Presents reasons for the author's fascination with voice mail. Voice Mail Broadcasting Corp.'s provision of equipment for telemarketers; Impatience with electronic mail and certain telemarketing strategies.
- While your were out. Mie-Yun Lee // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p130
Describes the experiences of two companies, Better Communications and Lord, Aeck and Sargent, in selecting and deploying their voice mail systems. Features suggested by employees in their voice mail wish lists; Factors considered by heads of the companies; Vendors considered as voice mail...
- Voicemail Like a Pro. Guilday, Elizabeth // Training & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p68
Offers tips on creating brief, clear voicemail messages. Types of information that should be disclosed; Statement of one's purpose for calling; Practicing the message. INSET: Voicemail Best Practices.