Iridium Reassesses, Revamps, Relaunches
- Hello Again. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Jul2002, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the relaunch of the commercial satellite communications services of Iridium Satellite LLC in Arlington, Virginia, as of July 2002. Information on the operation costs of the company; Details of several changes implemented by Iridium; Features of the services offered by the company.
- Iridium says satellites will be functional into next decade. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p17
Reports that Iridium Satellite LLC predicted its satellite constellation will retain functionality through 2010, based on an internal analysis of satellite and operational data, as well as an independent external study.
- Iridium: Back By Popular Demand? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p4
Comments on the return of Iridium LLC as Iridium Satellite LLC. Causes of the bankruptcy of Iridium LLC in 1999; Failure of the satellite communications industry; Improvements in the services of Iridium; Operating costs of the business.
- Iridium Survives By Expanding Its Orbit. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the communication services offered by Iridium Satellite LLC. Markets for the satellite-based service of Iridium; Changes in the business focus of the company; Benefits of satellite-based communication.
- Communication services delivered. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2007, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p15
The article evaluates the communication services from Iridium Satellite LLC.
- Iridium launches new satellite phone. JACKSON, DONNY; ROBETS, MARY ROSE // Urgent Communications;Dec2008, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p50
The article evaluates the 9555 satellite telephone from Iridium Satellite.
- Iridium unveils enhanced-bandwidth marine satellite communication service. // Ausmarine;Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p40
The article offers information on the Iridium OpenPort enhanced-bandwidth marine communication system developed by Iridium Satellite USA.
- New satellite service rises from ashes. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;04/02/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Tempe, Arizona-based Iridium Satellite LLC to revive satellite telephone services. Acquisition of satellite network of predecessor, Iridium LLC; Iridium Satellite's lowering of charges for services; Motorola's provision of handsets for the service.
- Iridium: From Punch Line to Profit? Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune;9/2/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p42
Reports on satellite services company Iridium Satellite. Near failure of the company in 2000 before a group of private investors bought it; Statement of chief executive Gino Picasso that the company has no debt and will be profitable by mid-2003; Customer base of Iridium, including the U.S....