Iridium: Back By Popular Demand?
- Iridium says satellites will be functional into next decade. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p17
Reports that Iridium Satellite LLC predicted its satellite constellation will retain functionality through 2010, based on an internal analysis of satellite and operational data, as well as an independent external study.
- Iridium Survives By Expanding Its Orbit. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the communication services offered by Iridium Satellite LLC. Markets for the satellite-based service of Iridium; Changes in the business focus of the company; Benefits of satellite-based communication.
- Iridium launches new satellite phone. JACKSON, DONNY; ROBETS, MARY ROSE // Urgent Communications;Dec2008, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p50
The article evaluates the 9555 satellite telephone from Iridium Satellite.
- New satellite service rises from ashes. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;04/02/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Tempe, Arizona-based Iridium Satellite LLC to revive satellite telephone services. Acquisition of satellite network of predecessor, Iridium LLC; Iridium Satellite's lowering of charges for services; Motorola's provision of handsets for the service.
- Iridium: From Punch Line to Profit? Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune;9/2/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p42
Reports on satellite services company Iridium Satellite. Near failure of the company in 2000 before a group of private investors bought it; Statement of chief executive Gino Picasso that the company has no debt and will be profitable by mid-2003; Customer base of Iridium, including the U.S....
- Back From Beyond. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov2001, p8
Reports on the resumption of the operations of the Iridium satellite communications system, as of November 2001.
- Iridium resurrection in the works. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p30
Reports on veteran airline executive Dan Colussy to buy the assets of Iridium LLC amid speculation that the company will relaunch low-earth-orbit satellites and serve companies most in need of satellite communications.
- Iridium, Icarus premiere satellite communication system. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p10
Introduces the SatTalk II, a satellite-based aeronautical voice and data communications system from Iridium Satellite LLC and Icarus Instruments Inc. Features of the communication system; Price of the SatTalk equipment.
- Iridium flying high. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p4
Reports that Iridium's gateway in Tempe, Arizona, became fully operational in March 2001 with voice service available via its satellite network to remote customers all over the world.