Agere Flattens In Early Trading
- Agere IPO raises $3.6B. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p20
Reports on the initial public offering of Agere Systems Inc. of Allentown, Pennsylvania, the communications semiconductor unit of Lucent Technologies Inc., at the New York Stock Exchange starting March 28, 2001.
- Agere postpones IPO. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p3
Announces the postponement of Allentown, Pennsylvania-based Agere Systems Inc.'s initial public offering tentatively planned for debut on March 22, 2001.
- Lucent spins off Agere. // Telephony;04/02/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 14, p20
Deals with the 2001 initial public offering (IPO) of Agere, a former Lucent Technologies unit.
- A Little Less Liquid. // Business News New Jersey;04/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the disappointment of Lucent Technologies at the less than expected earnings of microelectronics manufacturer, Agere from an initial public offering before the week of April 3, 2001.
- Agere Systems Achieves Escape Velocity. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on the initial public offering of Agere Systems in the United States in January 2001. Background on the company's name; Value of the stocks to be offered; Drop in the shares of Lucent, parent company of Agere, in early December 2000.
- Agere Spin-Off Could Retire Lucent's Debt. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;04/02/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p1
Discusses the decision of Agere Systems Inc. to make an initial public offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange on March 28, 2001. Why Lucent Technologies Inc., parent company of Agere, decided to push for an IPO despite a low stock price offering; Financial performance of Agere.
- Agere Cuts Share Price Again. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p1
Reports that Lucent Technologies cut the share price of its integrated circuits unit, Agere, in half on its initial public offering. Details on the price per share of Agere; Significance of the offering of Agere to the restructuring plan of Lucent; Other companies that made similar moves.
- stocks. Adiga, Aravind; Nash, Jeff; Pachetti, Nick // Money;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p140
Highlights the best of recent initial public offerings, as of October 2001. Agere Systems, a fiber-optics company that spun off from Lucent Technologies; Charles River Laboratories, which supplies animals for pharmaceutical research; Coach, a luxury retailer; Pearson, a British publishing...
- Agere Marks First Profitable Quarter Since IPO. // Electronic News;11/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 44, pN.PAG
Focuses on the profits earned by Agere Systems since its initial public offering for the fiscal fourth quarter of 2003. Earnings per share; Growth in the client systems business of the company; Background of the company.