Phonatory Effects of Body Fluid Removal
- Water Your Body! Drinks, Delish // New Moon Girls;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the importance and health benefits of the water in the body.
- SMART FABRICS FOR HEALTH NUTS? // Australian & New Zealand Apparel;April2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the BIOTEX project in Europe which is focused on including new function into smart textiles. The project is currently working on installing miniaturized biosensors into the textile to be able to analyze body fluids and provide a more detailed assessment of the wearer's...
- Why cry? Kleiner, Ellen // Mothering;Spring90, Issue 55, p70
Presents concepts explaining the purpose of tears. Importance to health; Forms of crying; Positive attitudes on crying.
- Sensing, signaling and sorting pathways in kidney epithelial cells. Brown, D.; Paunescu, T. G.; Bouley, R.; Breton, S.; Lu, H. A. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2013, p14P
Maintaining tight control over body fluid and acid/base homeostasis is essential for human health and is a major function of the kidney. This presentation will briefly outline new findings that have emerged over the past 2 or 3 years related to the function of two distinct cell types in the...
- Edema. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p214
Presents a women's guide to edema, also called bloating or fluid retention. Causes; Risk factors; Symptoms and diagnosis; Treatment.
- I Don't Have Time For Crunches. Lewis, James W. // Naptural Roots Magazine;2007, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p20
The article provides tips to stay feet and healthy despite one's busy schedule at work. An individual's drive to create business can be applied to exercise and good nutrition. A strong support system from friends and family makes the path to health much better. Six small meals a day can provide...
- "What exactly is discharge?" Crain, Esther // Cosmopolitan;May2007, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p300
This article presents a question and answer related to the question 'what exactly is discharge'. Mary Jane Minkin, a clinical professor of ob-gyn at Yale University School of Medicine, offers information about vaginal discharge, its causes and how it could be a sign of infection depending on its...
- Daily Body Mass Variability and Stability in Active Men Undergoing Exercise-Heat Stress. Cheuvront, Samuel N.; Carter III, Robert; Montain, Scott J.; Sawka, Michael N. // International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p532
The purpose of this study was to quantify the variability and stability of 1st morning body mass (BM) fluctuations during daily exercise in the heat while following traditional fluid intake guidance. Data from 65 men were examined retrospectively. BM fluctuations were monitored over 4 to 15...
- Validation of multi-frequency bioelectrical impedance analysis in monitoring fluid balance... // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p25
Presents an abstract of the study `Validation of Multi-frequency Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis in Monitoring Fluid Balance in Geriatric Patients,' by M.G.M. Olde Rikkkert and W.H.L. Hoefnagels, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on...