COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEâ€¦
- Acing The CEO Interview. Amore, Frank Michael D. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2004, Vol. 14 Issue 152, p70
Presents advice on answering questions asked during interviews for the position of chief executive officer in the U.S. Question on decision-making abilities; Question on business savvy; Question on 'fit' with corporate culture; Question on strategic abilities.
- HOW TO INTERVIEW CANDIDATES FOR TOP MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. Neff, Thomas J. // Business Horizons;Oct80, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p47
Provides tips in interviewing candidates for top management positions in business industries. Key factors necessary in evaluating top management candidates; Assessment of the executive abilities; Impact of employee contributions on corporate performance.
- North American Technology Companies Tap Foreign Talent. // T+D;Jul2007, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the venture towards foreign talents by technology companies in North America. According to a Chief executive officers (CEO) survey, CEOs admit that finding, hiring and retaining qualified employee is their biggest operational challenge at 48% and high quality employees are...
- What Makes the Human Resource Function Successful? Desatnick, Robert L. // Training & Development Journal;Feb84, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the development of the human resource function. Factors that differentiate development of successful human resource functions from unsuccessful; Importance of understanding the business; Role of the chief executive officer in positioning the human resource function as a senior...
- STEP UP TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION. Ochalla, Bryan // Credit Union Management;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p14
Offers tips to chief executive officers (CEO) to become a successful CEO. Common traits of successful CEO.
- What do CEOs want from HR? Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p80
Presents the views of several corporate chief executive officers (CEOs) in the United States about the human resource (HR) profession. Recognition of the importance of their relationship with HR managers; Strategic role of the HR profession for a company; Need for HR managers to improve their...
- Need a CEO? Hire from Within. // BizEd;May/Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p66
The article reports that researchers Nandini Rajagopalan and Anthea Zhang have found that chief executive officer(CEO) hired from within an organization would have the knowledge about the organization and would prove to be beneficial in the future.
- HR-profitability link fails to move chief executives. Pawsey, Vanessa // People Management;7/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p6
Discusses the failure of chief executives and personnel professionals in Great Britain to prioritize employee issues. Account of related study; Recommendations to human personnel executives.
- How to buy a ceo. Simpson, Paul // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p20
Suggests ways in which the human resources department of a company can help ensure a smooth transition from one chief executive officer (CEO) to another. Need for a job description of the required CEO; Advice against hiring external CEOs; Significance of the relationship between a company's CEO...