PEOPLE AND POSTS
- Outsourcing recruitment 'would free up HR to focus on other priorities.'. Chubb, Laura // People Management;5/29/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the message delivered by NHS Employers deputy director Sian Thomas at The Changing Face of the HR Function conference concerning recruitment outsourcing in Great Britain. Thomas admitted that there was not a lot of outsourcing in the NHS because the NHS is inherently risk...
- Helen Alexander to quit The Economist. // Campaign;4/11/2008, Issue 14, p3
The article announces that Helen Alexander would resign as chief executive officer (CEO) of the Economist Group in Great Britain.
- On the move. // Nursing Management - UK;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
The article announces several appointments including Sian Thomas as director of the British National Health Service (NHS) Employers, Baroness Emerton, as patron of the Association of Leaders in Nursing and Kate Hoffmann as deputy matron at Spire Bristol Hospital in England.
- WHAT ARE YOUR HOPES FOR 2009? // People Management;1/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
The article presents the 2009 expectations of three personnel directors. Jackie Orme, chief executive, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), said that as everybody looks to the long term, they must have the confidence to be bold in using the insight they have to improve...
- Senior HR staff reluctant to take up top positions in NHS. // Personnel Today;12/4/2007, p4
The article reports that senior human resource (HR) professionals are reluctant to take up roles in the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. The situation has led NHS Employers, the body responsible for workforce issues, to call for action to improve the movement of HR staff within...
- HR skills to be put to test as Ambulance Service shrinks. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;5/23/2006, p3
The article presents information on the challenge that HR professionals would face with the major reorganization of ambulance services in England. The English government has confirmed that from July 1, 2006 the number of ambulance trusts in England will be reduced from 29 to 12. By creating...
- New managing director at Hy-Line International. // Poultry World;Dec2012, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p22
The article announces the appointment of Andrew Jackson as managing director of Great Britain-based poultry laying company Hy-Line UKInternational.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p9
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. Pawel Czupryna, president of Polish Professionals, relates the reasons behind the rapid decline in the number of Polish workers with banking and finance experience in Great Britain. An electronic reward card will...
- Response to attacks shows HR's key role. Peacock, Louisa; Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;7/10/2007, p2
The article reports on the controversy faced by human resources (HR) personnel at the National Health Service (NHS) after finding out that arrested suspects of the failed bomb attacks in London, England and Glasgow, Scotland have worked in the NHS. According to Sian Thomas, deputy director of...