Points of law
- CIPD branch events. // People Management;1/27/2011, p34
A calendar of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) branch events to be held in Great Britain in February 2011 is presented which includes the Annual employment law update in England, Employment Law Conference in Northern Ireland and Employee Relations Breakfast event in...
- CIPD welcomes delay to increased workers' rights. // e.learning age;Nov2009, p2
The article deals with the positive response of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to the decision of the British government to delay the introduction of new rights for workers. Small businesses are urged to consider training as a way to gain a competitive edge....
- Employers question the need for law reform. // Employers Law;Jun2011, p5
The article focuses on the Confederation of Business Industry (CBI) as it welcomes the review of the British government on employment law but also questions the necessity of conducting the review as to the argument of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and XpertHR group.
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;6/3/2010, p36
A calendar of events for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain is presented, which includes the workshop titled "Effective Performance Management: Minimising the Employment Law Risks," the "Employment Law Update" meeting, and "Managing Disability in the...
- EXTRA EXTRA. // People Management;Oct2013, p63
This section offers news briefs from the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) in Great Britain as of October 2013 including the CIPD report on pay and banking to be presented by CIPD reward adviser Charles Cotton at the upcoming CIPD Performance Management Conference and...
- Points-based system is 'unfair to employers.'. Chubb, Laura // People Management;5/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
The addresses the concerns surrounding the points-based system implemented by the British government. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) has urged the government to be careful in introducing the new system in order to avoid employer confusion and complaints. The details...
- CIPD REPORT. // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p63
This section highlights information resources and seminars of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of Great Britain. The CIPD is offering publications about stress, assertiveness and managing performance problems. A seminar about CIPD advanced certificate in employment law...
- LEGAL TEAM BRINGS LAW TO YOUR DOOR. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;3/6/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p51
The article offers information on the Law on Tour programme of employment law workshops of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain in 2008.
- The XpertHR weekly podcastï¿½. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2012, p6
An overview of an XpertHR weekly podcast on employment tribunal rulings and their implications for employment law in Great Britain is presented.