How I made a difference at work
- JUST SAY THANKS. // New Mexico Business Journal;May2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Presents the result of a survey conducted by Accountemps on how to motivate employees. Best method of motivation according to respondents; Tips for effective motivation.
- Morocco says Tarfaya offshore block drilling faces heavy-oil. // Energy Today (Hungary);3/17/2014, p1
The article reports that the offshore block drilling by energy companies, Cairn Energy plc and Genel, in Tarfaya, Morocco has faced a column of heavy-oil more complex exploit, as revealed by the Moroccan Office of Hydrocarbons and Mining in March 2014.
- Hart steps into the breach at BowLeven. // Accountancy;Jul2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1355, p138
This article reports that, in 2006, Kevin Hart left the U.K. firm Cairn Energy to become CEO of Edinburgh-based BowLeven. The move surprised many in the energy industry. Hart is filling a position left vacant by the dismissal of Phillip Rhind. At Cairn Energy Hart had served as finance director.
- Employee surveys unleash work force potential. Ward-Smith, Tony // Credit Union Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the benefits of employee surveys to credit unions in the U.S. Significance of employee motivations; Implications of acquiring commitment from employees; Roles of surveys in enhancing workforce potentials.
- GLOBAL E&P. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Oct2010, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p14
The article offers news briefs related to energy and petroleum (E&P) industries. It states that Cairn Energy PLC has discovered gas in Baffin Bay Basin, Greenland, where its T8-1 well hit its initial target. It add that GDF Suez has proven the existence of gas in deep-lying reservoirs in the...
- Employee Satisfaction Survey as HRM Audit Method -- Case Study Based on X Firm. Borowska-Pietrzak, Agata // Education of Economists & Managers / Edukacja Ekonomistow i Mene;paz-gru2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p127
The article discusses an analysis of employee survey results in the context of the objectives of the personnel function in an organisation. In the introduction there are presented theoretical assumptions concerning the approach to the evaluation process relating to the personnel audit. This is...
- RE-ENGAGE YOUR WORK FORCE. Wilson, Trevor // Garden Center Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p90
The article offers some methods for discovering valuable assets in employees to be able to motivate them, citing the results of a Gallup poll which reveal that most American workers either hate their jobs or are detached from them. Some of the methods discussed include identifying the strengths...
- The attitude survey: Does it have a bearing on productivity? Kesselman, Gerald A. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Winter84, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the role of an attitude survey in the improvement of productivity and job satisfaction among employees and corporate managers. Examples of attitude survey results that had a direct bearing on productivity; Survey questions.
- Survey: A simple 'thank you' can suffice with employees. R. A. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/23/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p23
The article cites a survey conducted by the Accountemps concerning employees' motivation in the U.S. Results indicated that aside from a considerable wage, recognition for their works is enough to motivate employees. 35 % of the respondents mentioned that frequent acknowledgement of their...