What rights do new mothers have when redundancies loom?
- When can you fire worker on maternity leave? // HR Specialist;Nov2013, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p3
The article discusses the California court case Zhu v. Tawa Supermarket which deals with termination of an employee with unpaid extension of maternity leaves.
- Working Around Childbirth: Comparative and Empirical Perspectives on Parental-Leave Policy. Garrett, Patricia; Wenk, Deeann; Lubeck, Sally // Child Welfare;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p401
The article presents information on the parental leave policies for working mothers in the United States. It is reported that the U.S. has poorly developed policy to support parents around the time of childbirth and fails to provide even minimal support to mother. The Family and Medical Leave...
- the last word. Evans, Carol // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p104
In this article the author acknowledges the support received by professional men with daughters for this magazine, and urges them to support working mothers at workplaces by doing things such as supporting flextime, supporting women on board of directors, and advocating for paid maternity leave.
- Off on maternity leave. Gannon, Mary C. // Hydraulics & Pnuematics Exclusive Insight;6/18/2012, p1
The author announces that she will be on maternity leave for the next three months starting June 18, 2012 and will be back in September.
- WHEN YOU'RE ON LEAVE, LEAVE. // Working Mother;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on preparing for maternity leave and creating a physical boundary between work and playtime with the baby.
- Easing in and out of maternity leave. Hendrie, Alison // Parenting;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p73
Offers advice for a smooth transition to and from maternity leave. Covering tasks during absence; Bringing baby in toward end of leave; Giving self a chance to ease back in. INSET: `The smartest thing I did...'..
- KEEPING CALM AND IN THE PICTURE. Monteith, Anita // Accountancy;Oct90, Vol. 106 Issue 1166, p150
Offers tips for working mothers in Great Britain who are planning for maternity leave. Determination of the length of the leave of absence; Factors to consider before filing the leave; Alternative sources of income while on leave.
- 5 TOP TIPS ON RETURNING TO WORK AFTER MATERNITY LEAVE. // Travel Weekly (UK);5/2/2013, Issue 2166, p32
The article offers tips on getting back to work after several months of maternity leave.
- No need to extend maternity leave when it's clear mother won't be able to return. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Nov2013, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses a court case determining the right of an employer to terminate an employee who requests series of maternity leave extensions for medical reasons if the doctor cannot provide a definite return date of the employee.