IN THE greater scheme
- Average combined DC pension contribution is 10%. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;2/13/2014, p5
The article reports that according to research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), average combined employer and employee contribution to a defined contribution (DC) pension scheme is 10 percent. Mark Beatson, chief economist at the CIPD, states that the...
- The Disappearing Defined Benefit Pension and Its Potential Impact on the Retirement Incomes of Baby Boomers. Butrica, Barbara A.; Iams, Howard M.; Smith, Karen E.; Toder, Eric J. // Public Employee Quarterly;Mar2010, p3
The article discusses a research that mimic the impact of the implementation of a hard freeze from 2007-2011 on all private sector defined benefit plans and three public sector defined benefit plans in the U.S.
- A pension system not worth saving. C.S. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p8
Describes problems regarding the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). Increase in disability claims; Impact of retirements among the baby boom generation; Reform leader Preston Manning's Taxpayers' Budget strategy; Imbalance between pension contributions, fund interest and CPP payouts.
- Drop in companies with pension plans. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p28
Reports on the decrease in the number of businesses in the United States offering pension plans. Factors that influence the decrease in companies offering defined benefit plans.
- U.K. rules might kill DB plans. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the possible elimination of British defined benefit plans. Information on the beliefs of pension experts; Effects of 1995 Pensions Act; Details on the survey conducted by Arthur Andersen; Findings of the survey; Changes that took place with the minimum funding requirements in the...
- Mississippi PERS. // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p4
Looks at the $10 billion Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System. Information on the expected issue of RFPs for emerging markets; Details on the naming of managers by September.
- Awards to cite plan sponsors who do it right. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p50
Reports on the acceptance of entries by the fourth annual `Pensions and Investments' Defined Contribution Plan Investment Education Awards program. Deadline for submission of entries; Who the program is opened to; Rules for materials submitted.
- Retirement plans and pensions. Luchak, Andrew A. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall97, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p865
Presents a study which examined the effects of pension incentives on employees' retirement plans under a defined benefit employer-sponsored pension plan. Factors which influence the planned age of retirement; Indepth look at the problems with the measurement of retirement; Information on...
- Retooling defined benefit offerings. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;8/14/95, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the continuing existence of defined benefit pension plans in large and heavily unionized industries in the United States. Shift to defined contribution plans from traditional defined benefit plans; Decrease in the number of defined benefit plans; Issue of educating employees about...