- Line engaged. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2008, p26
An interview with Matthew Brearley, human resources (HR) director at Vodafone UK, is presented. When asked about his next concern in the company, he refers to the integration of employee experience strategy. Brearley sees his role as the linchpin upon which customer service, innovation and...
- Vodafone sees retention as not HR's job. // Personnel Today;3/13/2007, p6
The article presents the views of Matthew Brearley, HR director of Vodafone Group PLC, concerning effective employee retention strategies. Brearley says that HR managers can play a crucial role in retaining their subordinates. Vodafone, which employs about 10,500 people in nine offices across...
- Start-up proliferation gives employees upper hand. Smith, Hilary // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on wireless communication firms' revision of their retention efforts. Glut of mergers and acquisitions; Abundance of start-up companies; Leverage for employees; Alternative job offers for most employees.
- Connecting with employees. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Oct2007, p58
The article discusses on Vodafone marketing schemes to compete against telecom sector competitors in Great Britain. It provided new services to expand its business including the involvement of employees to its marketing plans, a motivation to render good costumer service as key to attrack...
- HIGH ENGAGEMENT & LOW ATTRITION -- A STUDY OF THE TELECOM INDUSTRY IN INDIA. Krishnan, L. R. K.; Sethuramasubbiah, A. // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Jan2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p85
The Indian Telecommunications network is the third largest in the world and the second largest among the emerging economies of Asia. The telecom sector has been one of the fastest growing sectors in the Indian economy in the past 4 years. This has been witnessed due to strong competition that...
- Talent crunch threatens tech industry. // CMA Management;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the results on a survey about talent crisis in Canadian technology and telecommunication companies. It was found that the crisis threatens to jeopardize the companies success. The respondents emphasize that developing and retaining talent is the most critical issue they are...
- Retaining employees: The new rules. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p123
Offers advice on retaining employees. Means of compensating employees; Disadvantages of using counter offers.
- Retaining People. Kaye, Beverly // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
Enumerates personnel management strategies for retaining good employees according to the author's book `Love 'Em or Lose 'Em,'. Importance of asking what prompted employees to quit; Questions to consider in personnel management rules; Examination of whether a business supports the career growth...
- Winning the Talent War. McDermott, Lynda C. // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p20
Presents advice on keeping the best employees. Provision of legendary leadership; Alignment of organizational vision with individual motivation and accountability; Linking of individual motivators to compensation and reward system; Offer of opportunities for personal and professional development.