- IN BRIEF. // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p7
Covers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of September 13, 2001. Plans of British Airways to lay off a number of its employees worldwide; Failure of the government to attract unemployed older men into the job market; Topics to be discussed at the Global Business Management...
- Employers must beware of the risks in discrimination claims. Prasad, Gagandeep // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/3/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4775, p67
The article discusses tips employers on how to effectively deal with difficult employees to avoid discrimination claims. It cites the case of employee Nadia Eweida, who won a disability discrimination case against British Airways PLC for failing to make reasonable adjustment to cater her back...
- Putting Values Into Evaluation. Poulet, Roger; Moult, Gerry // Training & Development Journal;Jul87, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p62
Discusses how corporate values are adopted and converted into action at British Airways. Reliance of the British Airways training program 'Managing People First' on participants' values for its effectiveness; Delivery of 'ultimate value' to the organization; Impediments to conversion.
- …in brief. // Personnel Today;3/19/2002, p3
Reports development in personnel management in Great Britain as of March 2000. Schedule of the release of Christmas bonuses for the employees of British Airways; Decline in manufacturing production; Offer of British Broadcasting Cor. of six month paid leave to its employees.
- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- LAW NEWS. // People Management;2/25/2010, p8
This section offers news briefs related to human resource management laws in Great Britain, including the rule of the Court of Appeal that the Sheffield City Council's bonus system was sex discriminatory and the legal challenge filed by Nadia Eweida against the British Airways concerning its...
- Untitled. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;6/16/2009, p10
The article offers personnel management news briefs from Great Britain. Insurance company Hastings Direct has doubledited recruitment drive, taking the number of positions it is looking to fill in 2009 from 150 to 300. Banking company Lloyds will close all 164 of its Cheltenham & Gloucester bank...
- Feedback from the HR specialists. // Personnel Today;6/29/2004, p1
British Airways PLC (BA), has just introduced drug and alcohol testing for all its staff of Great Britain. BA Health Services will offer confidential support and treatment with a view to helping people back to work. Angela O'Connor, HR director for Crown Prosecution Service, says that it depends...
- Burnett is latest casualty. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/13/2006, Issue 2700, p4
The article reports that Alan Burnett, head of British Airways PLC's sales and marketing in Great Britain, was advised to give up his position. The move was part of the companies redundancy program. His role will be handled by a revenue management team led by Drew Crawley. The program is part of...